IPsec vpn for android 13

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

IPsec vpn for android 13

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
IPsec vpn for android 13
IPsec vpn for android 13
2023-02-02 13:11:23
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 5.7.4

I'm trying to figure the way IPsec must be setop inside omada to have my pixel phone on android 13 be able to use the built in supported VPN. In settings of the phone I can onluy do IPsec mschap or psk or rsa. I think PSK would be the most easy to setup for now, but the thing is, it is requesting a IPsec identifier and i just dont get where to set that identifier in Omada. Also, the omada setup wants a 'remote host ' defined, which is kind of not available for a phone.

(router attached to omada for this is the Model er7206) I have had other VPN's working before, but this android limitation is killing me.

Anyone suggestions how to address these two fields ?

Options
6 Reply
Re:IPsec vpn for android 13
2023-02-03 11:57:06

@sandersomething 

I tried before, but in the end I go to OpenVPN.

Yep OpenVPN is much more easier.

If you want to try, check this guide, maybe it will work for you:

How to connect to Omada Router using IKEv2 VPN of Android/iOS

Options
2023-02-03 13:09:56

@Somnus , that doesnt sound promising, I will give the guide another go, it will have my preference to not install any other vpn software on the phone. 

Thanks and i'll let you know if i succeed or not

Options
2023-02-03 13:34:33

sandersomething wrote

(router attached to omada for this is the Model er7206) I have had other VPN's working before, but this android limitation is killing me.

Anyone suggestions how to address these two fields ?

@sandersomething 

The problem is not Android but ER7206, this router have no support for SHA256 and i think tis is minimum requrement on Android.

The safest is to use OpenVPN on router, even more safe is to install a OpenVPN server on a raspary pi or somthing like that. then you have more performance and configuration option.

so go for OpenVPN smiley

Options
2023-02-03 16:55:50

@shberge AES256 is available, but only the SHA1 not on SHA2. Would be kinda nice that omada doesnt show the options the hardware dont support. 

Cant find the android 13 minimum requirements, but sha2 minimum would indeed make in imcompatible. Bit disappointed here. Will go for openvpn now.

Could you explain me the performance on router vs raspberry? I had open vpn on a synology before and didnt like that performance very much. on this router i used lt2p very well on older phone. So pls let me  know what you have for info on performance.

Options
2023-02-04 11:04:48 - last edited 2023-02-04 11:07:48

@sandersomething 

I use a raspery pi 4 and have about 100mbps, er7206 mybe 20mbps as I rememer. rely slow 

Options
2023-02-06 10:52:34
OMG, let me see on that then. I did enable openVPN on omada which works now, connection established nicely and quick. Did not check the speed yet, should indeed be able to reach 100mbs, if not, i'll consider other openvpn device to install (raspberry 3b probably not fast enough?)
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2498

Replies: 6