Users can't connect to Access Point "Can't connect to this Network"

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-02-06 05:36:12
Tags: #Roaming #Troubleshooting
Model: EAP245  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 5.0.6 Build 20220429 Rel. 44315

Hello. I am having problem with some users can't connect to wifi with error "Can't Connect to this Network". Currently there is 10 Access Point EAP245, EAP225, 1 EAP653 configured with 1 2.4Ghz SSID and 1 5Ghz SSID for all Access Point. But if I test the user wifi if they're connected to the regular/other TP-LINK SSID with different Router/Access Point they're able to connect. So pleade help with this problem because I tried contacting TPLINK and either they are offline/slow respond.

Currently all of the EAP 5Ghz wifi is configured with channel 149-161. Because other than that the laptop won't detect the SSID. Thank You

Options
5 Reply
Re:Users can't connect to Access Point "Can't connect to this Network"
2023-02-06 08:56:50

Dear  @RizalAdlink 

There are many factors that may cause this issue. You may check the following steps:

1. The Client PC may saved a wrong password of ths SSID;

2. The nearest EAP has so many clients connected and it can not handle more;

3. The nearest EAP has disconnected from your main network(Ethernet cable connecton issue);

4. There could be Band Steering enabled on the EAP so the nearest EAP won't allow more devices to connect. 

Something you may try:

1. Set up a test 5Ghz SSID, with no password. Then check if your laptop can connect it;

2. Mare sure all EAPs are "connected" status on Omada Controller;

3. Disable Band Steering or Load Balance function 

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2023-02-06 09:53:54

@RizalAdlink currently the load balancing is off because the WAN setting is off

and where would the band steering at? all of the AP are connected and the troubled one is the laptops with Realtek 8822CE wifi network card

Options
2023-02-06 12:40:04 - last edited 2023-02-06 13:03:43

@RizalAdlink 

Hi, i have also been having problems with some hardware not connecting or refusing to using the 5G band. I have 3 x eap653, 2 wired and 1 meshed. Channel 40 and 48 i use. The 2G i haven't had any problems with. The item that refuse to connect to the 5G are TP-link ArcherT2U AC600 USB. I also have a TP-Link TL-WA1202 which i was using before upgrading to the 3 x EAP653's and these items connect to that no problem. There is no band steering options on the Omada and the 802.11r roaming feature doesn't seem to work either. Removing the 2Ghz band and it connects.

Archer MR600 V1 3G/4G ER7212PC v1.0 TL-SG2210P v5.0 4 x EAP653(EU) v1.0
Options
2023-02-06 12:48:03

@RizalAdlink Before I was setting the EAP each having different SSID per EAP except for 1 floor with 3 EAP245 with 1 2,4Ghz SSID and 1 5Ghz SSID and it was fine

Options
2023-02-22 10:24:37

@RizalAdlink Soo. Anyone got any solutions for this problem. Tried Hank solution by disabling Band Steering but users still can't connect to 5Ghz wifi. I think the problem lies if different models of EAP is using the same SSID. Will try this first and update here if it works

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1978

Replies: 5

Tags

Roaming
Troubleshooting
Related Articles