Connecting a ER605 router to a local installation of Omada SDN Controller restores factory defaults

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Connecting a ER605 router to a local installation of Omada SDN Controller restores factory defaults

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-02-06 17:23:46 - last edited 2023-02-06 17:26:37
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.1.1

I just bought a ER605 and had configured it manually, then installed the SDN Controller on my local Linux server and tried to add the router to it. To my surprise, after the controller "paired" with the router, it restored the factory defaults on my router. I had to reconfigure everything from 0 again.

I am using the latest version of the SDN Controller, v5.8.4

Options
1 Reply
Re:Connecting a ER605 router to a local installation of Omada SDN Controller restores factory defaults
2023-02-06 20:05:00

@aoalmeida 

The manual states, ": When the router is managed by a controller, configurations of the router will be overriden by the controller". So if the controller is at default, it will reset the ER605 to default, so they match.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 430

Replies: 1

Related Articles