Binding Ports to WAN's

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Binding Ports to WAN's

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Binding Ports to WAN's
Binding Ports to WAN's
2023-02-06 21:32:29
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hi everyone!

I would like to implement a specific scenario but I wasn't able to make it work and i don't know even if ti's possible of doing so, maybe you guys would have some suggestion?

I have two different internet links in WAN1 and WAN2 and I would like to bind LAN1 to WAN1 and LAN2 to WAN2, exclusively.

It's possibel and I already made it, but I have this one device: I would like it to have a fixed IP address, but when it's phisically connected to LAN1 it uses only internet access from WAN1 and the same with LAN2-WAN2.

Does someone have any suggestion? I've been cracking my head a few months with ... =(

Options
3 Reply
Re:Binding Ports to WAN's
2023-02-08 06:57:29

Dear  @almeida123 

Here is my solution:

First, configure different VLAN subnets for different LAN ports. For example LAN1 as VLAN1 and LAN2 as VLAN2. You may refer to this guide:

How to create multi networks and manage network behavior with ACL on Omada Gateway in standalone mode

Then configure Policy routing, to force different VLAN network go to different WAN. 

How to configure Policy Routing on Dual WAN Router using the new GUI

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2023-02-08 17:39:13

HI  @Hank21 !

Thanks so much for yout help! Your tips are useful!

but I'm stil kinda stuck in a detail.

I have this specific device: I created a VLAN only for it, it's VLAN4. So it's always the same IP address and always the same VLAN. The prolem is the behavior. I switch it phisicaly from port LAN3 to LAN4, and I wanted to make sure that when it is on LAN3 it goes to the internet ONLY through WAN1 and when it on LAN4 uses ONLY WAN2.

As I understood, If i create a policy to force one behavior, I'll not be able to create a policy to force the other behavior, because it's the same Ip address and VLAN.

You think I made myslef clear?

Thanks again for helping!

Options
2023-02-09 02:21:07

@almeida123 

Your requirement can not be done by a router itself. You will need Dynamic VLAN, to put the device into it's VLAN according to MAC address. 

We have an example:

Configuration Guide on Dynamic VLAN with the VLAN Assignment function of RADIUS

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 246

Replies: 3