Not able to create static route for internet access

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-02-09 21:03:40 - last edited 2023-02-10 07:19:05
Model: TL-SG2428P  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 4.0.5

Hi,

I have to admit I'm quite new to the Omada world. Curently I have a standard Internet Wifi Router at home. But we're moving to a new house soon and I decided to setup a system with a SG2428P and two APs.

I'm now trying to define a static route on my SG2428P to my Internet Router 192.168.23.200 to access the internet. However I'm not able to enter 0.0.0.0/0 as destination IP and subnet. It says "Invalid format for IP or mask".

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Sascha

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Not able to create static route for internet access-Solution
2023-02-10 07:19:01 - last edited 2023-02-10 07:19:05

Dear  @espitech 

If you want to set up static routing for a specified switch, please go to Controller->Devices->Choose the switch->On the right menu go to Config->Static Route.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:Not able to create static route for internet access
2023-02-09 22:44:46

@espitech 

Your switch is a switch, not a router, it doesn't need a route.  In fact I can't see any reason why you'd even need that switch (bit like having a schoolbus to take 2 kids to school).

If you really want to use the switch, like you need the POE, plug the switch into your home router's LAN and then plug the APs into the switch.

Though you don't mention it, it looks suspiciously like you have an Omada controller in the mix somehow as well.  This is fine for setting up the AP's radios, but without an Omada controlled gateway/router such as the ER605, there's not much point using it to configure your switch as anything more than a POE power bar.  

<< Paying it forward, one juicy problem at a time... >>
Options
Re:Not able to create static route for internet access-Solution
2023-02-10 07:19:01 - last edited 2023-02-10 07:19:05

Dear  @espitech 

If you want to set up static routing for a specified switch, please go to Controller->Devices->Choose the switch->On the right menu go to Config->Static Route.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 498

Replies: 2

Related Articles