Firmware

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Firmware

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Firmware
Firmware
2023-02-11 13:51:24
Model: EAP610  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.0.2 Build 20220120

Does any beta firmware exist for the EAP610 V2? Seeing issues with IoT devices such as televisions having issues connecting and remaining connected. The current firmware, 1.0.2 Build 20220120, was built over a year ago. Surly improvements could have been made since the last offical release.

Options
6 Reply
Re:Firmware
2023-02-13 11:21:14

Dear @JuniperMS ,

JuniperMS wrote

Does any beta firmware exist for the EAP610 V2? Seeing issues with IoT devices such as televisions having issues connecting and remaining connected. The current firmware, 1.0.2 Build 20220120, was built over a year ago. Surly improvements could have been made since the last offical release.

Thanks for reporting the issue in the community.

Do you have any issues on actual usage of EAP610?

May I know why you need the Beta firmware?

We are also not sure about the specific date of the next firmware releasing, please subject to final release on the official website or on the cloud website.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2023-02-13 12:55:57

@Hank21 yes, I listed the issue in my inital post.

Options
2023-02-14 05:48:57

Dear @JuniperMS ,

JuniperMS wrote

@Hank21 yes, I listed the issue in my inital post.

I'm sorry I misunderstood what you meant in your initial post before.

To better assist you, I've created a support ticket via your registered email address, and escalated it to our support engineer to look into the issue.

The ticket ID is TKID230223080, please check your email box and ensure the support email is well received.

Thanks!

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2023-02-14 08:28:20

@Hank21 Speaking of 610v2 firmware and issues.  Now that the 650/670 have a PPSK firmware, can the 610v2 get updated to add PPSK that it is supposed to have?

Options
2023-02-20 23:55:55

@Hank21 I have the same question, but for different reasons. The EAP610 does not support AI WLAN optimization, whereas my other EAP615-Wall APs do. I'd like to automatically optimize my setup to improve seamless roaming. Thanks

Options
2023-02-21 02:48:48

I ended up returning the EAP610 as I found the firmware far too buggy. I did attempt to work with TP-Link engineering, but don't feel we got anywhere of value. The beta firmware that was provided caused the device to stop broadcasting any networks. This required me to factory reset the device and readopt. After the update IoT devices still could not join the network unless wireless security was either remove or used, but with only lowercase letters. TP-Link did attempt to shift blame to the IoT devices, but I find this hard to believe when they're made by different manufactures and connected to an EAP245 V3 and an AT&T ISP wireless modem without an issue. I left Ubiquiti due to the frequent bugs in firmware, but didn't expect to go nearly a year between firmware updates. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 397

Replies: 6

Related Articles