Two WIFI with different Frequences

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-02-11 15:16:42
Model: OC200  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 2.7.7

Hello, I wanted to ask if it is possible to set up a second WIFI (guest) and enable only 5GHz there while running 2.4 and 5GHz in the other WIFI.

I have tried it, but in the 2.4 network many Smarthome devices go offline.

Happy days

Options
4 Reply
Re:Two WIFI with different Frequences
2023-02-11 15:48:14 - last edited 2023-02-11 15:51:07

@Zeppi 

Sure this is possible - just make sure your main WiFi and the Guest WiFi have different names and all devices are connected to the proper one.

Options
2023-02-11 16:11:15

@Hoamboy

Thank you - i will try again, but what you mean with "... all devices are connected to the proper one." 

Options
2023-02-11 16:21:01

@Zeppi 

The question is what do YOU mean with "but in the 2.4 network many Smarthome devices go offline."
As long as you setup everything correctly and connect every smart device to the proper SSID ("WiFi") then everything should be fine.

Make sure every device get its IP address and don't mess around with VLAN settings or WPA (security) settings.

In most cases it's way easier to setup a new WiFi (SSID) from scratch than spending time to find the mistake in previous setups.

Saying this because setting up a WiFi in Omada is really simple and straight forward.

Options
2023-02-11 21:31:58

@Hoamboy 

Ok - as Fan from FCB we can write german smiley
Ich hab jetzt das zweite WLAN eingerichtet - nicht als Gast-WLAN.
es scheint zu laufen. Beim ersten Mal habe ich als Gast-WLAN eingerichtet und die Shelly-Smarthome Teile verloren die Verbindung zum ersten WLAN.
Ich beobachte es weiter.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 323

Replies: 4

Related Articles