VLAN not working with TP link managed switch

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-02-14 10:35:28
Model: TL-SG108PE   EAP670  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: newest

Hi

I have a TP link 8 port managed switch (TL-SG108PE)  with my opnsense router attached to port 1 and TP-link AP (EAP670) attached on port 2. I tagged both these ports for VLAN 10 and left all other settings default (all ports untagged for VLAN 1 and PVID set to 1 for all ports). Then i set up VLAN with ID 10 in opnsense, enabled DHCP and set firewall rules to allow all. Now when i set up an extra SSID on my TP-link AP and map it to VLAN 10, i can't get network access when i connect to this SSID (my macbook doesn't receive an IP address so has to self assign). I feel i'm doing something wrong with the config for my switch

File:
Screenshot 2023-02-14 at 9.34.49 pm.pngDownload
Options
4 Reply
Re:VLAN not working with TP link managed switch
2023-02-14 23:57:47

@rama3124 Not sure if the opnsense router works the same as the Omada routers. But have you checked that you configured the VLAN on the correct LAN port of the router? With the ER7206 I've selected port 1 once while the EAP was behind port 2. So it didn't worked...

Security Advisor in the Netherlands. Main interest in Omada products for CCTV networks.
Options
2023-02-15 06:36:59

@HandokoF 

I have the parent port on opnsense set as the LAN port connecting my switch to the router so don't think this is the problem. I feel it's something to do with my switch configuration since before I had the switch, the vlan worked fine plugging the access point directly into the router

Options
2023-02-15 06:52:08

@rama3124 

Try changing port 2 PVID to 10, and see what it happens?

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options
2023-02-15 10:38:09

@Virgo I tried added port 3 as an untagged member port to the VLAN, changed the PVID of port 3 to 10 and attached my laptop to this port but it still didn't receive an IP.

My opnsense router has a quad NIC and i'm only using  port 1 & 2 for LAN and WAN so i assigned VLAN 10 to port 3 and connected my laptop directly to the opnsense router on port 3 and it still didn't receive an IP. I think this points to the opnsense router being the problem rather than the switch

Options