ER605 is limiting my internet bandwidth

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-02-18 20:42:36 - last edited 2023-02-21 06:52:28
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.1.2 Build 20230210

Hi all, i hope you are very well!

Please, i need help. Until today i only had 1 internet link, but i've installed my second internet link right now.

Well, actually i'm not sure if i will use it to balance and aggregate/sum those two internet bandwidth or just as a Primary/Backup link (failover mode).

Now you have the complete context, here is the issue: When i'm directly connected to my internet modems (My primary has 300MB/s and the secondary has 125MB/s), i have the total contracted capacity/bandwidth of both, but when i'm connected by my TP-Link ER605, i have exactly the half of capacity os both internet links.

Here is my test method:

I removed the secondary link cable to be sure i'm using the primary link, then i tested by speedtest site and it perform about 150MB/s.

Then, i did the same: I connected de secondary link again, the i removed the primary link cable to be sure i'm using the secondary link, then i tested by speedtest site and it perform about 60MB/s.

Finally, i connected my PC directly to both modems again, tested again and it performed about 300MB/s and 120MB/s respectively.

Anyone having the same problem os knows how can i solve it?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:ER605 is limiting my internet bandwidth-Solution
2023-02-20 23:41:49 - last edited 2023-02-21 06:52:28

@HellBent Hi friend, how are you?

Look, apparently i solved it just by reversing the WAN ports. I had my short link (lower bandwidth) connected to my WAN port and my longer link (higher bandwidth) to my WAN/LAN1. When I reversed the WAN ports, I had no problems again, so now everything is normal!

Thanks a lot for your support!

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:ER605 is limiting my internet bandwidth
2023-02-19 14:28:26

@RafaelBarddal 

When your modems are connected to the ER605, login to the Web Gui and check the following:

1. Network > Switch: Check each WAN port and verify the Duplex Mode is "Full-duplex" and Speed (Mbps) is 1000M. If Duplex Mode is "Half-duplex" and/or Speed (Mbps) is 100M, that is causing your issue. Also check the Ethernet cable that goes from the modem to the ER605 and verify it is CAT 5e or higher. CAT 5 cables will only connect at 100M.

2. Network > WAN > WAN Tab: Check Upstream Bandwidth and Upstream Bandwidth and make sure they are set to the MAX

3. If you ISP provided you with a Modem/Router combo then you are likely "Double NATed". That means the ISP router has the public WAN port and the ER605 WAN port is actually private. Double NATs will always slow things down. Your ISP might also be "Carrier NATed" To fix those you will either have to have the ISP put your Modem/Router combo into passthrough mode and if you are Carrier NATed, the ISP my take you out of that network if you lease a static IP from them.

Options
Re:ER605 is limiting my internet bandwidth-Solution
2023-02-20 23:41:49 - last edited 2023-02-21 06:52:28

@HellBent Hi friend, how are you?

Look, apparently i solved it just by reversing the WAN ports. I had my short link (lower bandwidth) connected to my WAN port and my longer link (higher bandwidth) to my WAN/LAN1. When I reversed the WAN ports, I had no problems again, so now everything is normal!

Thanks a lot for your support!

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1581

Replies: 2

Related Articles