er605 - not adequate firmware or partial upgrade causes to wait forever for the menu page

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

er605 - not adequate firmware or partial upgrade causes to wait forever for the menu page

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-02-20 13:30:15 - last edited 2023-02-20 13:45:24
Tags: #Firmware Update #upgrade
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: ER605(UN) Ver:2.6 (written on the bottom of device). V2_2.0.0 - written at its web page

Hi,

I just received a new ER605.

I tried to upgrade it with the latest version (ER605(UN)_V2.6_2.1.2 Build 20230210), which was taken from here:

https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/download/er605/#Firmware

It seems that the upgrade was not completed or didn't deployed properly.

I can login to the device, but I can't see the device's  menu - it is still in a waiting mode - forever (see the attached snapshot).

I tried to go through the emergency process, but I couldn't connect (directly of course) to 192.168.0.10 (as instructed in the emergency process).

It seems that I stuck with partial upgrade or with a wrong firmware.

Any idea what to do?

Thanks.

An update:

I've managed to figure out what was the problem...

I cleaned the browser cache and then everything works properly.

I believe you should add this information to be taken into account after upgrading.

(Chrome browser - Version 109.0.5414.120 (Official Build) (64-bit))

File:
tp_link_waiting_for_menu_page.pngDownload
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 287

Replies: 0

Tags