Probles when adopting a new ER7206 router replacing a ER605

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-02-27 16:07:06
Model: OC200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.21.7 Build 20221206

Dear all,

Yesterday I tried the replace my old ER605 by an ER7206, but I could not make it work...

I have an installation with router (now ER605), switch and multiples EAP, all managed by the OC200

Problem is when adopting the new router, at first it looks like it gets connected

After a few seconds of being apparently connected router makes a reset

Automatically controller tries to adopt again and then a adopt failed message appears

When I try to adopt it again I need to introduce user and password but controller says that they are incorrect, although I am sure they are correct (I even tried copying and pasting from Settings - Site - Device Account)

Should I try with a admin/admin or something similar as default password?

Same happened some months ago when adopting a new EAP, but after several attempts I could do. Could it be something from my OC200?

My OC200 is version 5.7.6 Firmware 1.21.7 Build 20221206

I had to return to install my old ER605 and without surprises when adopting... fortunately because it is for an apartments building and people gets very nervous without internet... I have more than 60 clients connected.

Best regards,

Pepe

Options
1 Reply
Re:Probles when adopting a new ER7206 router replacing a ER605
2023-03-01 10:58:55

Hello @Pepe8266 ,

Please reset the ER7206 firstly, make sure the system light flashes quickly.

Then you may refer to this article to adopt the new router.

Please note this:

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 403

Replies: 1

Related Articles