Router stops working, needs disconnect and reconnect - not reboot- to restore

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-03-02 15:35:27
Model: ER7206 (TL-ER7206)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.3

I have been encountering a recurring problem with a hotel network using the ER7206 router on an Omada controller.

The network is [Provider’s router] -> [ER7206]-> [Omada switch and rest of network].

What happens is that the WAN connection stops working, so there is no internet connectivity. Inside the network continues to work. From the local Omada portal, the router appears to work correctly.

Internet continues to on the provider’s router and rebooting the provider's router does not help.

If the ER7206 is rebooted, either by unplugging the power or from the reboot option on the Omada portal, the connection stays down.

The only solution is to find the device on the portal, disconnect the wan connection and then re-connect.

A few weeks ago I had a similar problem with this device but that time some websites continued to work. This time everything stopped working.

Has anyone else encountered this problem before or have a solution?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Router stops working, needs disconnect and reconnect - not reboot- to restore
2023-03-03 09:32:17

Hello @Eric2022

May I know the WAN IP address of ER7206 when this issue occurs?

What is the WAN connection type on the ER7206? Is it Dynamic IP?

It is likely that the ER7206 is not getting the updated WAN IP from the front end in time.

If you connect the ER7206 directly to the modem(unplug the provider's router ), is there still a problem?

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 578

Replies: 1

Related Articles