ER605 Disconnecting from Controller

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-03-08 04:14:49
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.1 Build 20220512 Rel.76748

I noticed today that my ER605 is disconnected from the controller and was last seen a few days ago. I discovered this because port forwarding changes I made in the controller did not seem to be having any effect. Checking the logs, it appears that this has been happening repeatedly for a few weeks, but apparently the router has been reconnecting itself before I noticed.

I am able to connect to the router's web interface and I can ping the controller IP from the diagnostics window through the correct interface. I can also ping the router from the controller VM. I have read the threads about DHCP issues others have experienced, but I don't think that is my problem because the controller has a static IP and everything else in the network works. I also have DCHP lease times set to the maximum length.

I have rebooted the router through the interface, as well as by pulling the power. When I reboot, the inform URL changes to "omada://[CONTROLLER IP]?dPort=29810&mPort=29814&omadacId=" which gives an error prompt of "Invalid parameters" if saved. If I change it to simply the controller IP, it will save with no error but does not change anything with the controller status.

Does anyone have other ideas for things I should try? This has been working fine for a year and a half up to now, so I'm surprised to be stumped by this suddenly. Thanks in advance!

Setup details:

Router has a 10.x.x.1 address as the gateway for 5 LAN networks, each in a different VLAN

Router sits in the DMZ for my ISP modem, which seems to be working fine because I have been able to forward ports to servers hosted inside the LAN through the controller interface

Minimal ACL rules in place, primarily preventing traffic between certain subnets/VLANs

Controller is in the same subnet and VLAN as the "main" router address, both can ping each other

ER605 Hardware V1

ER605 Firmware 1.2.1 Build 20220512 Rel.76748

Software Controller version 5.8.4 hosted on Ubuntu VM

2x EAP225 and 1x TL-SG2008P also on the network, communicating with the controller just fine

Options
1 Reply
Re:ER605 Disconnecting from Controller
2023-03-09 06:07:43

Hi  @geekspence 

To better assist you, I've created a support ticket via your registered email address, and escalated it to our support engineer to look into the issue. The ticket ID is TKID230314847, please check your email box and ensure the support email is well received. Thanks!

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 259

Replies: 1

Related Articles