Multiple OpenVPN servers on single WAN

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-03-11 20:54:09
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)   OC200   SG2008P  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

https://community.tp-link.com/en/business/forum/topic/508982

I'm looking for an answer to the above question that was previously asked as well. Is this at all possible?

Options
6 Reply
Re:Multiple OpenVPN servers on single WAN
2023-03-13 07:06:48

Hi  @Rich1000 

May I know the firmware of your ER605?

I can create two OpenVPN policy for one WAN port. Just need to change the service port to a different one like 1193. (default is 1194)

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2023-03-14 01:09:50

Hi @Hank21 

My firmware is version 2.1.2. I did try changing the port, but had no success. Not sure as to exactly what's going on here or what it is that I'm missing.

Options
2023-03-14 05:34:37

Hi @Rich1000 

Is there any error message when you add the 2nd OpenVPN server?

Please make sure your controller version is V5.8 or higher. 

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2023-03-15 03:06:18

@Hank21

Yes i get this error, " Only one OpenVPN VPN sever can be established on this WAN port. Please change another WAN port. ".  Also, under the maintenance tab my controller version is stated as 5.7.6 . When checking for an update, it states that I am running the latest version. Can you point me to the latest controller version, and I can then try a manual upgrade to see if that resolves the issue.

Options
2023-03-15 05:05:26

Hi @Rich1000 

My bad, I did not notice that you are using OC200 hardware controller.

Omada Controller v5.9 for OC200/OC300 will be released soon one after another, please wait patiently.

Subscribe the following post to get the newest firmware notification for your Omada router :)

Omada Software Controller_V5.9.9_Linux Has Been Released on Feb 28th 2023 - [Constantly Updated]

Options
2023-03-15 23:29:57

@Hank21 

It's interesting to see that Linux gets updated before TP-Link's own controller box.  Would you suggest switching to a linux box for the SDN if I wanted to receive updates faster? Would something like a Rasberry-Pi be sufficient?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 292

Replies: 6

Related Articles