Wireless devices cannot airplay to wired devices

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-03-13 22:50:25 - last edited 2023-03-14 01:04:43
Model: EAP670  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.6

Hi,

Please suggest if this not the right place to ask about network settings.

I have recently purchased Omada system for home and have been enjoying the improved networking so far, but last weekend I noticed airplay from wireless devices to wired devices stopped working.

My devices setup is

ER7206

v1

firmware 1.2.3

->

TL_SG2210MP

v1

firmware 1.0.7

->

EAP670

v1

firmware 1.0.6

->

iphone

SSID [VLAN10]

10.0.10.x

\-> Wired TV

[VLAN10]

10.0.10.x

\->

macbook

SSID [VLAN10]

10.0.10.x

By the time I am writing, all devices are running with the latest firmwares. Omada SDN (v5.7.6) is running on OC200 (v2, firmware 2.7.7).

TV is wired to switch with profile of VLAN10, EAP is wired to switch with profile of ALL, iphone and macbook are connected to EAP with SSID that enabled with VLAN10.

TV, iphone and macbook all have the same VLAN10, and have the same IP addresses ranges.

What I am seeing is
- iphone can airplay to macbook

- iphone and macbook cannot airplay to TV, but iphone and macbook can ping TV

- if I moved TV to wirelessly connected to EAP with VLAN10 SSID then both iphone and macbook can airply to TV

- if I removed VLAN10 from SSID and made TV port on switch to ALL from VLAN10 then both iphone and macbook can airplay to TV

I have no ACL rules setup yet.

I have tried

- enabling mDNS for AP with all Bonjour services, both client and service being VLAN10

- enabling mDNS for gateway for ALL network

- enabling IGMP Snooping for VLAN10

- changing IGMP from v2 to v3

Nothing from above worked. I assume I did not need to reboot whole system after I applied the settings, maybe I should?

I thought the setup should work fine, after all the devices are on same VLAN.

It feels like my switch is perhaps blocking airplay packets from wireless devices to wired devices or vice versa, but I cannot find corresponding settings to tweak.
I do want to keep my VLAN settings, and perhaps eventually move TV to a different VLAN.

I cannot find anything else to tweak at this moment, so please suggest if I should look at other network settings.

Thank you in advance.

Edit: oddly enough, I can chromecast from macbook to TV fine. It is only airplay that's not working.

Options
6 Reply
Re:Wireless devices cannot airplay to wired devices
2023-03-14 14:24:00

Hi @swimeroad 

To better assist you, I've created a support ticket via your registered email address, and escalated it to our support engineer to look into the issue. The ticket ID is TKID230323620, please check your email box and ensure the support email is well received. Thanks!

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2023-03-14 15:57:16

@swimeroad 

BonJour/Air Anything, is a janky protocol at best.  It has never been a good experience with any networking vendor. 

It doesn't do well over VLANs.  

Apple creates something that works with Apple, but doesnt play happy with 99% of the networking world.  

I can not teach anyone anything - I can only make them think - Socrates
Options
2023-03-14 22:19:22

@Hank21 

Thank you

Options
2023-03-14 22:21:26

@KimcheeGUN 

I agree and have read all kind of craps about bonjour and Apple protocols. I still think it should work within the same VLAN out of box though..

Options
2023-06-11 09:10:58

@Hank21 I have exactly the same problem! Can you help me? 

Options
2023-06-13 02:00:02

Hello @Andre_Gato

Please try upgrading to the Beta firmware within this thread for testing:

EAP650/EAP655-Wall | EAP650 | EAP670 | EAP653 May Drop Some IPv6 Packets. [Updated on May 19th 2023]

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 613

Replies: 6

Related Articles