Votes

Notification when an unknown client connects

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-03-15 14:15:12
Model: OC200  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.7.7

Dear TP-Link team,

I would like to request a feature that would notify me when an unknown client connects to my network, whether it is through a wired or wireless connection.

This feature would greatly improve network security by allowing me to quickly identify and investigate any unauthorized devices on my network. It would also give me peace of mind knowing that I am being alerted to any potential security threats.

Ideally, the notification would include information about the device, such as its MAC address, IP address, and hostname, to help me identify and locate the device.

Thank you for considering this feature request.

Controller Version 5.9.32 OC-200 v2.0 (2.9.3) ER-605 v2.0 (2.2.0) TL-SG2008P v3.0 (3.0.5) TL-SG2008P v3.0 (3.0.5) EAP610(EU) v2.0 (1.0.2) EAP610(EU) v2.0 (1.0.2)
Options
2 Reply
Re:Notification when an unknown client connects
2023-03-16 05:56:32

Hi @R.n. 

Many thanks for your valued feedback. 

I will forward it to the developer team and keep an eye on it. 

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
RE:Notification when an unknown client connects
2023-03-27 15:28:10
I use arpwatch on my custom routers to be notified of new hardware connections and this simple feature would be very handy on all managed routers.
Options

Information

Helpful: 7

Views: 596

Replies: 2

Voters 6

+ 2 Voters