TL-SG1024DE Easy Smart switch "Monitoring"

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-03-23 00:52:47 - last edited 2023-11-10 02:03:10
Tags: #SNMP ##Monitor
Model: TL-SG1024DE  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello, 

The network has about 15 IP camera all with a data rate limited to 1024Kbs, and about 6 Mumble VOIP clients (72Kbs). 

I have installed a two of TL-SG1024DE 24port easy smart switches as the product page said it "Provides network monitoring" but it seems to lack the most basic monitoring options. So no SNMP or features I thought were standard, and no way to see/monitor network utilization for the switch or a port. The only network monitoring feature I could find was listing port states and the total number of packets RX/TX.  

I also can not see any stats on the switch it's self (like CPU load).

The issue I am trying to fix is that I appear to be having a bit of packet loss, noticeable in the camera feeds and Mumble.

I replaced a number of older switches and consolidated all traffic to go via these two switches but still seeing issues. I calculated the network utilization to be at about <2% but I suspect that Mumble is spamming the network with a lot of tiny TCP packets every 10ms (and can see this via Wireshark) but I can not see if this stressing the switch as can not see utilization.   

Is there a tool that can be used to monitor network utilization on these switches?

or should I just insert a real managed switch to test/monitor for bottle necks? 

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:TL-SG1024DE Easy Smart switch "Monitoring"-Solution
2023-03-24 06:19:57 - last edited 2023-11-10 02:03:08

@BadgerBadger 

Hi, I think so. A real Managed Switch to test/monitor is a better choice.

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:TL-SG1024DE Easy Smart switch "Monitoring"-Solution
2023-03-24 06:19:57 - last edited 2023-11-10 02:03:08

@BadgerBadger 

Hi, I think so. A real Managed Switch to test/monitor is a better choice.

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 324

Replies: 1

Tags

SNMP
#Monitor