EAP245 V4: removes security settings from vlan SSIDs

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-03-23 02:45:02
Model: EAP245  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 1.1.2 Build 20221109 Rel. 55990(4341)

Hi all,

I have come across a very concerning glitch with the EAP245 V4 which I just purchased.

I have ER605 router and EAP245 access point. I configured both in standalone mode.

On the ER605 router I have created 3 vlans (“native” vlan 1, vlan2 and vlan3).

I also created 3 SSIDs on EAP245 (all 3 WPA2 protected with strong passwords) and configured them as follows:

- SSID 1: WPA2, no vlan (all traffic goes to native vlan 1)

- SSID 2: WPA2, vlan 2

- SSID 3: WPA2, Guest mode enabled, vlan3

Once these are set up, everything works as expected at first. However, if I go into the wireless settings on EAP245 and change any of my networks/SSIDs vlan settings from “enabled” to “disabled” and back, suddenly my vlan-associated SSIDs lose password protection.

While these networks still show up as WPA2 protected in the EAP245 settings, in reality they are broadcasted as unprotected. I was able to join them from another device successfully, without being asked for a password. Once I joined them, I had internet connection. 

I rebooted my router, reset the EAP245, reconfigured the networks on it again, and experienced the same glitch again as described above.

Even if I messed up smth my vlans configuration, I can't imagine why this would result in security being dropped. I find this glitch vey concerning and don't feel like using this access point anymore. 

Thanks,

Options
3 Reply
Re:EAP245 V4: removes security settings from vlan SSIDs
2023-03-24 07:08:56

@Avocado_Mafia 

Hi, it sounds weird, VLAN and wifi encryption don't have a necessary association, as I know.

Maybe your phone has remembered the password before, then it will connect to wifi automatically after you changed the settings.

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options
2023-03-24 16:07:49

@Virgo Hi, thanks for your reply. No, it had nothing to do with my phone - the broadcastet networks did not have any security. This was seen on all any gadget (networks were displayed with a ! warning sign as "public/unsecured"), including those that were never connected to those networks before. I specifically tested it from a laptop which had never been connected to any of these networks, and could join them without being asked for a password. 

Options
2023-03-27 09:17:57

Hello @Avocado_Mafia ,

Our senior engineer has received your feedback on the issue via email, they will continue to follow up with your case.
If you have any additional information, please feel free to reply to the support email whose case ID is TKID230338647.

Many thanks for your cooperation and patience! Thank you for your valued update on the case.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 330

Replies: 3