Internal Port Forwarding

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Internal Port Forwarding

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Internal Port Forwarding
Internal Port Forwarding
2023-03-23 12:47:49
Tags: #Port Forwarding
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi.

So I was having some issues setting up PXE boot, because the damn machines insists on using the Gateway IP as the PXE TFTP entry point. After a lot of investigating it seams to be a symptom of having the DHCP masking as a PXE server. Seams most solution is to setup a ProxyDHCP, but I though that if they try to access the Gateway via the TFTP port, I could simply do a simple port forwarding on that port. On most routers I would, but the ER605 needs to be configured to target packets coming from specific ports, which is great and how it should be. However you can only select the WAN ports and therefor not be able to forward local network traffic. Is this a bug or is there another way to deal with this on Omada?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Internal Port Forwarding
2023-03-23 22:27:35

@dbergloev I put in a feature request for internal port forwarding over a year ago...., so no it's no a bug, it's a non feature...

Options
Re:Internal Port Forwarding
2023-03-24 00:52:26

@Tescophil That sounds very optimistic. Should not expect this feature any time soon then.

Options