"Wired" devices not showing up in Cloud off of my EAP615??? (yet they work fine)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

"Wired" devices not showing up in Cloud off of my EAP615??? (yet they work fine)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-03-31 15:07:23
Model: EAP615-Wall  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.4 build 20221213 Rel. 60462

I have an OC200 Controller (plugged into an unmanaged POE+ Switch, non-OMADA).

I have two EAP615 Wall units plugged into that POE+ Switch.

Via the App or Cloud I can see all wifi devices that are connected via those EAPs.

I also have a Hikvision Camera NVR plugged into my EAP615's port.   Three cameras are plugged into the NVR.

I can see the camera feeds remotely (the video feed and I can control them).

However, via the Omada Cloud App or Web, I can;t see the NVR anywhere...  (I was expecting the NVR to show up as a WIRED device, but nothing at all shows up under WIRED).

What am I doing wrong, or what am I missing to allow that to work?

Thanks in advance folks!

Options
4 Reply
Re:"Wired" devices not showing up in Cloud off of my EAP615??? (yet they work fine)
2023-04-03 03:30:54

@Gjjb 

Hello, if you check it on local OC200, can you see the NVR?

Maybe it is caused by the reporting mechanism by devices.

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options
Re:"Wired" devices not showing up in Cloud off of my EAP615??? (yet they work fine)
2023-04-03 11:59:45

@Virgo 

Does not show up locally either.  

Under that EAP, it lists all the clients but not that one WIRED device.  When I select to view just Wired, it's blank.

Options
2023-04-04 01:53:37

@Gjjb 

Maybe it is a similar issue to this.

If you have an Omada Gateway or an Omada switch, I think you will see the NVR on the controller. But if you only have the EAP, you can not see the device which connected to the EAP ports wired.

It is caused by the reporting mechanism by devices as I said above. I thought you will see the NVR on your router DHCP client list. 

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options
2023-04-04 11:29:50

@Virgo 

Sorry, you are correct.  I can see the NVR from the ISP's router as a device.  Just odd that I can see all wireless devices off the EAP615, but not the wired device off of it since it has the ports and info directly.

But I did order an SG2210P switch and an ER605 router, in the hopes of having full network visibility and control. 

The attached pic shows the wireless view and wired view I get off the App (no diff in web cloud or when I select ALL).

As a note, when I Enable on VLAN on the ETH2 port if the EAP615 (via the Omada cloud controller), it does prevent the ability for me to access the NVR, so it acts as an external shut off. And then if I want to access that NVR locally or remotely, to monitor the cameras or see recorded videos, I can use the cloud to Disable that VLAN and then again have access directly through the NVR's mobile app. I'm sure that's not the best way to control access but it serves my purpose until the router and switch come in. Now I just need to learn about vlans to see if there's a good use for them in my home network.

File:
PCIMG_2023-04-04_07-20-04.JPGDownload
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 514

Replies: 4

Related Articles