Switch Port Security | How to secure that only known devices connect to a switchport

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Switch Port Security | How to secure that only known devices connect to a switchport

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-04-18 03:05:23 - last edited 2023-04-18 03:07:41
Tags: #Switchport Security
Model: OC200   ER605 (TL-R605)   TL-SG2428P  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have EAPs from guest rooms connected to my SG2428 switch. Since the native VLAN of the EAP is the same as my Admin network: other Omada devices (Router, Switch, Controller) how can I secure that he cannot disconnect the AP and connect it on his own laptop and be part of my Admin network?

Is there a port security feature like a sticky mac address or anything that the switchport can only function if it sees the MAC address of the EAP?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Switch Port Security | How to secure that only known devices connect to a switchport
2023-04-18 13:41:02

@CB_NE No technique is 100% reliable for that.. because MAC can be spoofed (easy if you have physical access to the AP) ..

as far as I understand the only strong way is using 802.1X.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 585

Replies: 1

Tags

Switchport Security
Related Articles