Need help with ER605 connecting to Greenlight ISP

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-04-22 16:19:47 - last edited 2023-04-23 06:51:26
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

I have a new fiber account with Greenlight and will be leaving Spectrum once I get this working.  I have a new ER605 and am having trouble getting this router working.

I have a dedicated IP4 address from Greenlight.

I can connect a laptop directly to the ONT with the Greenlight provided IP/Subnet Mask/Gateway info.  This works fine.

When I put the ER605 between the laptop and ONT there is no internet.  I am missing something.

I put the same Greenlight info on the WAN side (Port 1, VlanID 4094)  of the ER605. ONT using Port 1. 

I created one LAN entry with my network info (Port 5, VlanID 99).  Laptop using Port 5. Everything else was left with default settings.

Status on these ports and on the WAN show "Link Up".

Can't get to the internet.  Pings and tracert fails using external IP addresses in these commands. "host unreachable".

Tried TAG and UNTAG settings for Port 5.

I didn't do anything with NAT or routes as I'm not real confident with those and not sure if they are necessary.

Any help is much appreciated. Thanks.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 113

Replies: 0

Related Articles