Apple Homekit and mDNS

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Apple Homekit and mDNS

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
13 Reply
Re:Apple Homekit and mDNS
2023-05-21 16:38:34

So far this has not resolved my issue.

Options
2023-05-22 02:48:07

Hello @supaloop

Thank you for your valuable feedback!

Our senior engineer has received your new feedback on the issue via email, they will continue to follow up with your case.

If you have any additional information, please feel free to reply to the support email whose case ID is TKID230439206.

Many thanks for your cooperation and patience!

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2023-06-04 12:08:41

@supaloop 

Hi,

I'm fairly new to home networking and seeking help regarding an mDNS issue I'm experiencing with my Apple Homekit setup. Here's a brief overview of my current setup: I have an ER605 router, OC200 controller, SG2210P switch, EAP660 HD, and EAP655 wall. All my smart devices (26 homekit devices) are on an IoT VLAN, including 2 HomePod minis and 3 Apple TVs connected via Ethernet on the IoT network. Our iPhones, iPads, and MacBooks are on the main network.

When I enable mDNS through the Gateway device type, the HomePod network mismatch is resolved, and my HomePods work perfectly within the Home App. However, enabling Garage Door mDNS causes some other devices to become unresponsive in the Home App, specifically my Logitech Circle View Doorbell and Honeywell T6 Pro Smart Thermostats. Disabling mDNS restores the responsiveness of these devices.

I've attempted resetting the devices while mDNS is enabled, but it hasn't resolved the issue. I've also reached out to a neighbor who uses a Ubiquiti setup, but he is unfamiliar with Omada and Apple Homekit.

I would greatly appreciate any guidance or assistance in resolving this mDNS issue, or if someone could direct me to the right resources or community where I can find a solution.

Thank you for your time and help.

Options
Related Articles