VIGI C300HP FTP or RTSP feed to remote location

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-04-26 05:53:19
Model: VIGI C300P  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

Hi all,

I've been trying to forward my camera feed to my aws server but could not be able to do that, the reason behind it is 1. VIGI security manager is not made for Ubuntu/Linux/Mac OS. 2. I need to stream the video and take snapshots as per my requirement and that can be done only if I get the video stream by simply calling it by its URL. I tried it on my local windows computer it works with VIGI security manager, VLC Media Player and also my own written python script. But to forward this stream to another server I need to enable port forwarding but it makes my network vulnerable and even if I want to do that it is not working on my end. I need to know how can I access my VIGI C300HP camera on a remote server while it is connected to my LAN, can you provide me a link? How does VIGI able to do it anywhere in the world? Can I do the same? please help me.

Options
2 Reply
Re:VIGI C300HP FTP or RTSP feed to remote location
2023-04-28 07:31:42

@Altaf-Husain 

Have you checked if the port forwarding rule you set correctly?

You may try to change the port of the camera and test it again.

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options
Re:VIGI C300HP FTP or RTSP feed to remote location
2023-04-28 10:21:47

@Virgo I checked all the settings and today I talked to my service provider and their support and they told me that I need a static IP to enable port forwarding for my machine. If there is any substitute for this solution please tell me.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 403

Replies: 2