Connected New EAP650 Outdoor, now OC200 is Bouncing On and Offline.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-04-29 08:48:15
Model: OC200  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 4.3.5

I hooked up a new EAP650 Outdoor yesterday and imported into my Omada setup from the controller.  Everything seemed to go fine.

Today I noticed my internet was acting oddly, and my wife and daughter were saying they couldn't watch Netflix.

I hopped on the Omada app on my phone and noticed that the Controller was offline.  As I was walking to the server room to check on it, it popped online.
I went and unplugged everything and plugged it all back in (Tech Support 101) and I watched it go up and down a few times within 10min.

I've never had this happen before, and ideas?  Did the EAP650 blow something up?

My setup is as follows.
Spectrum Modem to ER605 (Port 2)
ER605 (Port 5) to TL-SG105PE (PoE Switch) (Port 1)
TL-SG105PE (Port 2) to OC200 (Port 1)

2 of the other ports of the TL-SG105PE go to Indoor Access Points.
Port 4 on the ER605 goes to my 24port Netgear Switch

I'd appreciate any help, the ladies are NOT happy that their viewing of Sweet Tooth is being disrupted!

Options
1 Reply
Re:Connected New EAP650 Outdoor, now OC200 is Bouncing On and Offline.
2023-04-29 10:29:07

@Dizzy49 

Dizzy49 wrote

I hooked up a new EAP650 Outdoor yesterday and imported into my Omada setup from the controller.  Everything seemed to go fine.

Today I noticed my internet was acting oddly, and my wife and daughter were saying they couldn't watch Netflix.

I hopped on the Omada app on my phone and noticed that the Controller was offline.  As I was walking to the server room to check on it, it popped online.
I went and unplugged everything and plugged it all back in (Tech Support 101) and I watched it go up and down a few times within 10min.

I've never had this happen before, and ideas?  Did the EAP650 blow something up?

My setup is as follows.
Spectrum Modem to ER605 (Port 2)
ER605 (Port 5) to TL-SG105PE (PoE Switch) (Port 1)
TL-SG105PE (Port 2) to OC200 (Port 1)

2 of the other ports of the TL-SG105PE go to Indoor Access Points.
Port 4 on the ER605 goes to my 24port Netgear Switch

I'd appreciate any help, the ladies are NOT happy that their viewing of Sweet Tooth is being disrupted!

You do not say where the EAP650 is plugged into ..... if it's into the SG105PE maybe a POE overload issue.  If you unplug EAP650, does the problem go away ?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 307

Replies: 1

Related Articles