ER605 - how can I see who is actively connected to the running OpenVPN server

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-04-30 00:45:39 - last edited 2023-04-30 00:53:58
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.1.2 Build 20230210 Rel.62992

Complete noob when it comes to this interface (or any scripting, really).   I managed to get my OpenVPN working as intended.  I would like to easily determine which of my users are actively connected, and what their IP address is on the LAN/VPN. 

For example, when I have to externally connected laptops on the VPN, I am able to use VNC to control one from the other.  But, I have to look at the TAP-OpenVPN adapter on each local laptop (or ipconfig /all) to first get the IP of each machine.

Is there any way to enable the rest of the columns on the VPN>Users tab?  It would appear that the "local IP address" is left blank when using OpenVPN.  

I've done some poking on Google and found cases where scripts are added to the ER605 for logging, but that's beyond my ability.

Any help would be appreciated.

Edited to add:

Would it also be able to reserve a given IP address for a specific user so that they always get the same IP when logging on via OpenVPN?  Similar to the DHCP reservation list for LAN connected devices?  That would ultimately fix all my problems, and negate the need to "look up" what each users' IP address is each time.

When I look at the DHCP list of clients for the LAN, there are none in the subnet range I've defined for the VPN.   The LAN DHCP is 192. 168.0.x  and the VPN is 10.0.0.X.  

At the risk of really showing how green I am, I'll ask... Can I make the VPN IP pool range the same as the LAN IP range (so long as it stays outside of pool range)?  Would VPN users then show up under the DHCP lease table?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 175

Replies: 0

Related Articles