CPE 210 wireless bridge suddenly stopped working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-05-08 13:01:34 - last edited 2023-05-09 01:08:51

I set up a wireless bridge a couple of years ago to connect two buildings (house and barn) with a pair of CPE 210s. The goal was to bring a solar panel web box (for data gathering into my LAN and connect it to the internet. It's worked great; so great, in fact, that I've forgotten exactly how it was set up. Now the bridge has failed. I have no idea why, but I'm also at a loss as to how to troubleshoot it. I can see the bridge's wifi network, and i can log into it. But I can't reach any of the devices (ping, etc.). The lights on the units are all on. So they appear to be talking to each other, but I can't directly contact any of the devices. On the house side of the bridge, the 210 is plugged into a LAN port on my home router. When this was working, I could ping the device in the other building) from my LAN. But that's unreachable now.

What steps should I take to troubleshoot this? Should I just reset them and start from scratch (Id rather not, but if that's the best thing to do, I'll bit the bullet).

Options
1 Reply
Re:CPE 210 wireless bridge suddenly stopped working
2023-06-28 11:32:48

@buckthorn 

Two CPEs do network extension point-to-point and have dropout problems, you need to go section by section to troubleshoot the possible causes.
You can first test whether this end of the AP CPE is working properly, if not, that means the problem may appear in the front end, you can change the network cable and check the router in the front end.

If the AP CPE is working, go to the CLient interface and check the Radio Status to see if it is properly connected to the AP CPE.

If it is properly connected, it is recommended to try different channels and channel widths on the AP CPE to see which one is more stable.

Check the firmware version, if it is not the latest one, you can upgrade it.

If this is no help, you will have to reset and reconfigure.
Also, make sure that the view between the two CPEs is clear.

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 404

Replies: 1

Related Articles