CANNOT EDIT OR DELETE AN EXSISTING OPENVPN USER

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-05-11 15:00:07 - last edited 2023-05-18 02:29:19
Model: ER7206 (TL-ER7206)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.3 Build 20221104 Rel.41500

Hi,

I setup OPENVPN and created some users and all is working well but when I tried to edit a password of a user or even delete the user, I just get a Fail error  message and so cannot edit\delete looks like so kind of bug any suggestions please.

Thanks

Options
2 Accepted Solutions
Re:CANNOT EDIT OR DELETE AN EXSISTING OPENVPN USER-Solution
2023-05-17 10:48:44 - last edited 2023-05-18 02:29:19

@cmicall 

Hi,

I factory reset the router and uploaded a previous config I still had issues at first, but after removing all VPN users and recreating them afresh now it seems user management is working as expected, I can modify passwords etc at least for now  seems working well.

Thanks

Regards

Chris Micallef

Recommended Solution
Options
2023-06-02 09:59:42 - last edited 2023-06-02 09:59:46

Hi All,

The 1.3.1 Beta firmware has been released to fix it, please follow the post link below for details.

ER7206 V1_1.3.1_Build 20230525 Beta Firmware For Trial (Released on May 30th, 2023)

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Recommended Solution
Options
8 Reply
Re:CANNOT EDIT OR DELETE AN EXSISTING OPENVPN USER
2023-05-12 06:17:52 - last edited 2023-05-12 06:18:06

Hello @cmicall

Could you provide a screenshot of the VPN User related settings?

cmicall wrote

I setup OPENVPN and created some users and all is working well but when I tried to edit a password of a user or even delete the user, I just get a Fail error  message and so cannot edit\delete looks like so kind of bug any suggestions please.

Please share a screenshot of the error message.

Have you tried rebooting the gateway or the controller for testing?

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2023-05-15 06:57:08

Hank21 wrote

Hello @cmicall

Could you provide a screenshot of the VPN User related settings?

cmicall wrote

Please share a screenshot of the error message.

Have you tried rebooting the gateway or the controller for testing?

@Hank21 

HI,

I have rebooted router no change, I have obscured the names but as you may notice in first screenshot I selected user with ID 5 and try to delete it fails as you can notice at top of table the message Fail, in second screenshot the detail of the user as such nothing special, I’m using Chrome Version 113.0.5672.93 (Official Build) (64-bit) but tried with other browsers same issue .

Thanks

Regards

Chris Micallef   

Options
2023-05-15 07:01:50

@cmicall 

Today I selected two users to delete and it did not fail and both users deleted but this is not ideal, as it is one cannot edit a password but have to delete more than one user,  and recreate user with new password !! 

Options
2023-05-16 02:02:56

Hello @cmicall,

Thanks for such detailed information.

We have tested in the local lab but can not reproduce the issue.

Could you upgrade ER7206 firmware to the latest one ER7206(UN)_V1_1.3.0 Build 20230322 first?

Options
2023-05-16 14:51:57

@cmicall 

Hi, I installed new firmware but issue is even worse now, if I add a new user it overrides another user or removes some previously created users !!! , I will to factory reset and reload config and if issue persists might return the router.

Options
2023-05-17 07:45:58

Hello @cmicall,

To better assist you, I've created a support ticket via your registered email address, and escalated it to our support engineer to look into the issue. The ticket ID is TKID230527865, please check your email box and ensure the support email is well received. Thanks!

Once the issue is addressed or resolved, welcome to update this topic thread with your solution to help others who may encounter the same issue as you did.

Many thanks for your great cooperation and patience!

Options
2023-05-17 10:48:44 - last edited 2023-05-18 02:29:19

@cmicall 

Hi,

I factory reset the router and uploaded a previous config I still had issues at first, but after removing all VPN users and recreating them afresh now it seems user management is working as expected, I can modify passwords etc at least for now  seems working well.

Thanks

Regards

Chris Micallef

Recommended Solution
Options
2023-06-02 09:59:42 - last edited 2023-06-02 09:59:46

Hi All,

The 1.3.1 Beta firmware has been released to fix it, please follow the post link below for details.

ER7206 V1_1.3.1_Build 20230525 Beta Firmware For Trial (Released on May 30th, 2023)

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 520

Replies: 8

Related Articles