2 x EAP115 AP's - one auto connects as i walk past the other never connects automatically

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

2 x EAP115 AP's - one auto connects as i walk past the other never connects automatically

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-05-15 16:55:04
Model: EAP115  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 5.0.4 Build 20220216 Rel. 57495(4555)

I have installed 2 EAp 115 access point s around my house. Both are connected with LAN cable to a switch. The passage one I can walk past and my phone auto connects. Once i walk into the garage, I lose connectivity of the first one but the AP in teh garage never auto connects - both are identically setup. Both are on teh same channel....I cant understand why.

Tx

Selwyn

Options
4 Reply
Re:2 x EAP115 AP's - one auto connects as i walk past the other never connects automatically
2023-05-16 06:30:11

@Selwynas 

Hi, did you test with different clients, like your phone, iPad, or PC?

It may be due to the connection machinist of client devices.

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options
Re:2 x EAP115 AP's - one auto connects as i walk past the other never connects automatically
2023-05-17 07:02:41

@Virgo Hi yes i have tried with a few different clients - all IOS though, but that should not make a difference should it ? I have now also made sure they both on the same firmware & channel, even tried having each EAP on a different channel and both already have the same SSID and password. What makes it strange is that if i go from my one side of the house when connected to the main router, and I walk down past the 1st EAP115, my connection drops for a second or 2 and then connects to the 1st EAP115. I have checked that with WiFi signal monitoring software, so i can see the Mac address change of the connection,  yet when i walk to where the 2nd EAP115 is, it just drops signal, but never connects to the 2nd  EAp115. The Mac address remains that of the 1st EAp115 AP. I then manually connect to teh 2nd EAP, and walk back past the 1st EAP, and it never chnages, and walk further to the main room with the main router, and the WiFi checker shows its stuck on the 2nd EAP mac address. So in short it is as if the 2nd AP is isolated as when walking to it , it does not see it, and when walking away from it it does not see the 1st AP either

Options
2023-05-18 03:20:39
Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options
2023-05-18 09:24:17

@Virgo Thanks for the link - but as this is a home - so there is never more than 5 units connected to the 1st AP or Main router, at one time, so i think the load balancing is if one AP is taking all the traffic, and another is lying idle. This will then spread the load. All I am trying to achieve is a seamless connection when walking through my house. BTW - i ran a large IT dept with multiple sites for many years and have now retired, so this is not really a crisis, more of an irritation to me and I am trying to resolve - and decided to setup a decent home network - now I have a challenge on my hands as I just cannot fathom the problemsmiley and want to resolve for my own mental stability.....

Options