Can I use the ER7212PC to extend my internet network using Fibre Optic via the SFP port?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Can I use the ER7212PC to extend my internet network using Fibre Optic via the SFP port?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-05-28 09:53:33 - last edited 2023-05-28 09:57:43
Model: ER7212PC  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I'm interested in purchasing the 7212. I have a large network (have 26x Ethernet ports and mutiple WAPs spread across two buildings)

This is my proposed setup:

ISP Modem --Ethernet in WAN port--> ER7212

-> Fibre Optic in SFP LAN port -> TL-SG3428MP -> Devices
                                  -> Ethernet Cable in LAN port -> 16 Port TP-Link Switch -> Devices

Will the ER7212 have any problems with extending the network via a Fibre Optic cable? I have run a conduit between a separate building with Fibre Optic (I am told I cannot use Ethernet due to risk of lightning strikes) but really need this router to actually be able to convert the signal effortlessly.

These are the transducers I will be using:

FS have informed me they are TP-Link compatbile.

Thanks.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Can I use the ER7212PC to extend my internet network using Fibre Optic via the SFP port?
2023-05-29 00:53:11

@OZRJ 

I haven't used any FS transceivers, yet. However, in depside of all worries, transceivers are very much standard. If FS say it is okay, I would believe them. 

Kris K
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 434

Replies: 1

Related Articles