Issues with Dahua intercom system (Omada setup)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-05-30 05:31:15 - last edited 2023-05-30 05:35:08
Model: TL-SG2428P  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 4.0.5 Build 20221130 Rel.42340

I have an Omada setup consisting of an OC200 2.0 controller, TL-SG2428P switch, ER605 v2.0 router, and two access points: EAP670 (EU) v1.0.

I want to set up Dahua's intercom system using my PoE switch, but the devices won't connect to the SIP server hosted on the outdoor unit (more on that below). I am aware that the problem probably lies in the setup of these devices, but I have followed all the instructions, gone through all the troubleshooting steps, and it's still not working. So, I figured I'd ask the community if someone has encountered similar problems. Maybe there is a setting in the Omada controller that is preventing or interfering with the SIP process. Note that I have disabled "SIP alg".

Issue description:

I have 1xVTO (outdoor unit - VTO2211G-WP) and 2xVTH (indoor unit - DHI-VTH5341G-W) devices. Following the provided instructions (including configuring the SIP server), I managed to set up everything successfully. However, I'm encountering a problem where I am unable to make calls from the VTO to the VTH.

Whenever I ring the bell on VTO, I hear a voice message stating, "The person you are trying to reach is not available." It's important to note that all other functions of the intercom system are working perfectly fine. I can view the live feed from the VTO camera on the VTH device, unlock doors using the VTH, and even communicate with the VTO via mobile using the DMSS app on my mobile device. Additionally, when I search for devices on the VTH, I can see the VTO listed with the same IP address as I set it up and it is correctly identified with the VTO icon.

The only aspect that seems to be malfunctioning is the connection to the SIP server, preventing the VTO from calling the VTH.

I would greatly appreciate any assistance or advice you can provide to help resolve this issue.

Options
4 Reply
Re:Issues with Dahua intercom system (Omada setup)
2023-05-30 05:47:02

@mihah 

have you tried to disable SIP ALG?

Options
2023-05-30 05:49:05

@shberge yes, I have disabled "SIP alg" but unfortunately it does not help.

Options
2023-05-30 05:53:12

@mihah 

OK, then I don't know, when I've had a problem with SIP I've either disabled or enabled SIP ALG, I don't know if it works on tp-link, I've only done this on other brands.

Options
2023-06-09 22:33:25

@mihah 

While I am not aware of how this intercom system work, it is clear from your description that SIP server is built into VTO and VTH registers with it. Since both units are on the LAN, the firewalling / NAT / SIP ALG etc don't come into picture. SIP ALG disabling is only for Gateway router / firewall. So this may not be a network / Omada issue. It is possible that Dahua system is designed to work like this. Or you can try to use your own PBX like SIP/ Asterisk on a LAN PC, join both VTO and VTH ( of course disable SIP server on VTO if that is an option) and then both may work the way you will like them to.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 784

Replies: 4