Can't upgrade EAP110 with Omada Controller and Wi-Fi is not working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-05-31 09:38:48
Model: EAP110  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 3.20.0

Hi!

I'm just creating this thread because I had this problem, but couldn't find any solution online (maybe I didn't searched enough). 

Anyway, I'm leaving here the solution that worked for me, just so anyone with the same problem can know that i can be fixed relatively easy!

So, the problem:

The affected AP (EAP110 with v3.20.0) appears connected on Omada, and the WLAN is active, but clients can't connect to it. 

In Omada controller appears like this:

Without any channel, like the radio isn't working.

So, in my case I have some EAPs 115, and those are working fine with v3.5.0. So the obvious thing is to upgrade the APs EAP110, but Omada says this:

Then, you can't upgrade, and seems that I will have to replace all of the old APs...

Well, now the solution:

If you log In into your Omada Controller via LAN (not via Cloud), you can manually upgrade the APs!! 

Therefore, if you choose the right version, in my case 3.5.0. The AP will start working fine again. Just make sure the fw version that you're putting in, is compatible with the Omada Controller Firmware version that you're using.

TP-Link please, put this "Manual Upgrade" option in Omada Cloud Controller!

I Hope this helps you if you're in the same situation.

Thank you for reading, 

Bye!!

Options
1 Reply
Re:Can't upgrade EAP110 with Omada Controller and Wi-Fi is not working
2023-06-01 06:04:12

@SantiTeBe 

Hi, you can see a Details window when you click on the EAP, and here click on Config--Manage Device---Custom Upgrade.

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options