Switch ACL list CHANGES depending on pagination.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-06-01 21:39:50
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I'm using version 5.9.31, fresh install and setup. The only current device being administered by the controller is a SG2008 switch on the latest firmware.

PROBLEM: When on the Site Setting > Network Security > ACL > Switch ACL page, the rules listed AND their statuses change depending on the page or pagination settings.

So for example:

At 5-per-page, a total of 16 rules are listed, at 10-per-page that drops to 12. Notably the difference between these lists is 6 not 4 rules, since the last two rules that are moved onto the second page when set to pagination=10 are NOT included in the 16 shown during pagination=5  Equally, when set to 20-per-page I see 1 page containing the same 16 rules as during pagination=5, albeit with their enabled status toggle to a different values!

Corruption of the data continues in numerous various combinations. A newly added rule for instance is displayed at pagination=5 (as rule 17) missing from pagination=10, 20 & 30 reappears at pagination=40 and is culled again at pagination=50 when the list steps down to showing only 13 rules.

As far as I can tell the log and monitoring of ACLs is not particularly in depth so even when things are working it's difficult to ascertain what the actual 'truth' of the active ACLs is. Force provisioning the switch seems to take no effect.

For not the first time, I'm at a loss with TP Link.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Switch ACL list CHANGES depending on pagination.
2023-06-02 08:05:39

Hello @JollyAnonymous,

We have tested it in the local lab but we can not reproduce a similar issue, the total number of ACLs remains the same regardless of we choose to 5/10/20-per-page.

Could you provide a screenshot to show that?

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2023-06-02 14:42:50 - last edited 2023-06-02 14:51:32

@Hank21 As requested, screenshots of the noted behaviour.

Pagination=50, 13 rules shown, GAME associated are disabled Pagination=50, 13 rules shown, Game associated are disabled.

Pagination=40, 17 rules shown, enabled statuses are altered

Pagination=10, 12 rules shown. As well as some rules missing, NEW rules are now shown on the second page.

Pagination=5, similar results

Effectively the page would seem to be versioning different configurations we have deployed, and displaying them associated with different pagination settings.

Options
2023-06-05 08:52:50

Hello @JollyAnonymous,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post the issue on TP-Link community!

To better assist you, I've created a support ticket via your registered email address, and escalated it to our support engineer to look into the issue. The ticket ID is TKID230606934, please check your email box and ensure the support email is well received. Thanks!

Once the issue is addressed or resolved, welcome to update this topic thread with your solution to help others who may encounter the same issue as you did.

Many thanks for your great cooperation and patience!

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options