Votes

Browser Support

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

Browser Support

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Browser Support
Browser Support
2023-06-12 09:28:58
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

The Firmware web UI should support a range of Browsers, not just Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge

Brave and Firefox are no longer supported for some reason

Options
4 Reply
Re:Browser Support
2023-06-13 09:29:32

@mhoam 

Maybe it will be fixed by clearing the history and cache or using the Private window. I can open it and login via Firefox as always.

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options
2023-06-13 11:00:27

@Virgo 

Thanks for your suggestions.

Firefox does work, the ER605 on Firmware 2.1.2 signs on and is useable as before.

It was a surprise to me when a Brave Private Window also worked normally! Was there some logic behind that suggestion or just random option?

I cleaned the cache but a normal Brave window is still rejected with "Unsupported Browser"

I suspect something in the TP-Link code is not being handled correctly rather than a specific choice by TP-Link to stop support for Brave, especially as a Private Window works!

This finding would suggest a difference between the default settings for normal and Private windows may be causing a problem, any ideas as to what?

Thanks again

Options
2023-06-15 03:00:47

@mhoam 

I thought this may be a browser issue, not a router issue.

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options
2023-06-19 10:40:43

@Virgo 

Yes, I think you are correct. The web interface on the ER-605 worked on FireFox and also in a Private Window in Brave.

When I subsequently tried again with a normal Brave Window it now works!

If I hadn't grabbed a screenshot of the "Unsupported browser" error screen I would have thought I was losing it!

Anyway, problem seems to have gone away :-)

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 419

Replies: 4

Voters 0

No one has voted for it yet.