Can't type an IP address in Create New RADIUS Profile in

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-06-13 12:42:35
Model: OC200  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.9.3

Hello,

I'm discovering Omada product line.

When creating a new RADIUS profile, I'm shown a blank form titled "Create new RADIUS Profile" in which, I'm supposed to enter some details.

I can positively fill Name field but I can't enter any digit in Authentication Server IP.

I expected to be able enter a value such as 192.168.1.22.

Thoughts ?

Can I easily downgrade to a different firmware to work around this ?

Best regards.

Options
4 Reply
Re:Can't type an IP address in Create New RADIUS Profile in
2023-06-13 12:44:38

PS: I hit the same issue with either editing a RADIUS profile first or if creating a WPA Entreprise WiFi network.

Options
Re:Can't type an IP address in Create New RADIUS Profile in
2023-06-14 02:53:39 - last edited 2023-06-14 02:56:50

Hello @Oliv2831

It's very strange.

Oliv2831 wrote

I can positively fill Name field but I can't enter any digit in Authentication Server IP.

I expected to be able enter a value such as 192.168.1.22.

Is there any error message when it didn't allow you to enter any digit? Could you share a screenshot to show it?

Are you using the Main Administrator account to log into the controller?

May I know your specific requirements that why you created the radius profile?

You may also try to reboot the controller for testing, and usually opening the interface via an incognito window will be more helpful.

Please try clearing the history and cache of the browser, and try different browsers to test it.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
Re:Can't type an IP address in Create New RADIUS Profile in (with French latout keyboard on Ubuntu)
2023-10-17 15:54:35

hello,

Resurecting this old thread which is still valid after I upgraded my OC200 to recent 5.12.9 version.

Steps:

1. Select Defaut in Organization list
  2. Click over Settings (bottom left)
  3. Click over Profiles meny, then RADIUS Profile submenu
  4. Click over Create New RADIUS Profile
  5. In Create New RADIUS Profile, I've got the fields Name, Authentication Server IP and Port

I can enter Foo123 in Name field (I'm not clicking over Save button)

I can enter Foo123 in port field (I'm not clicking over Save button)

I can't enter any digit or letter in Authentication Server IP

Authentication Server IP field looks like 4 fields separated with a dot sign.

Each field should accept digits but doesn't.

I can't enter letter like a, b or C.

I can enter &, é, " etc..; which on my french keyboard use positions dedicated to digits 1, 2, 3 etc.. respectively on Qwerty layout.

My keyboard has Azerty layout (french layout). My PC uses Ubuntu.

I can't paste any value such as 192 or abc in any of the 4 sub-fields of Authentication Server IP field.

I can constantly reproduce this either from Firefox 118 or Chromium 118 on my Ubuntu host.

I can constantly reproduce this either from Firefox 117 on my Win10 host when using keys &, é, " but it works OK when using numerical keypads (this Win10 laptop has numerical keypad).

Can anyone be kind enough to try to reproduce this ? You need a linux laptop with a non-Qwerty layout

Best regards

Options
Re:Can't type an IP address in Create New RADIUS Profile in (with French latout keyboard on Ubuntu)
2023-10-17 16:25:14

To further detail the issue I hit, on french-layout keyboard, in the top keyboard rank (the one bellow F1, F2, .. keys) is mapped to &/1, é/2, "/3, '/4, ...

When you press Shift while pressing &, the keyboard sends a 1 digit when you don't Shift-press it sends an &

When pressing Shift and é, it sends a 2 digit.

An esay fix to this issue is to leave Authentication Server IP as a free-form field with which validity is checked when Save button is clicked over.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 277

Replies: 4

Related Articles