Adding router/gateway to Omada Controller

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-06-16 15:43:53 - last edited 2023-06-20 08:19:53
Model: ER8411  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.3

Question - if I build out my vlan structure and configuration of my router/switches etc before adding them to my Omada controller, will they all be overwritten or defaulted by the controller?  I see that it will let me keep the WAN settings but no indication if the LAN settings will be kept.   I tried adding it once to Omada, it failed and screwed up my router.  Luckily i took a backup and brought back my conifig but at this point, I don't want to try importing again unless I schedule enough downtime to reconfigure everything if the Controller blows it away.

Any experience/thoughts would be helpful.  I haven't had this problem with the ER7206 but I also typically add the ER7206 at the same time as the Cloud controller.  This was the first time adding pre-configured units to a controller.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Adding router/gateway to Omada Controller-Solution
2023-06-16 16:07:37 - last edited 2023-06-20 08:19:53

@Greg-HDTS 

you can configure everything on the controller before adopting the router, so it's pretty hassle-free. 10 min downtime if you have preconfigured everything

Recommended Solution
Options
4 Reply
Re:Adding router/gateway to Omada Controller-Solution
2023-06-16 16:07:37 - last edited 2023-06-20 08:19:53

@Greg-HDTS 

you can configure everything on the controller before adopting the router, so it's pretty hassle-free. 10 min downtime if you have preconfigured everything

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Adding router/gateway to Omada Controller
2023-06-16 16:19:33
Thanks. So if I pre-configure my vlans on the router, it will adopt that vlan configuration without deleting as long as I lave VLAN1 untouched?
Options
2023-06-16 16:29:05 - last edited 2023-06-16 16:32:17

@Greg-HDTS 

NO, all configurason on the router will be deleted, but if you configure the controller with which type of router you have vlan etc. before you adopt, then all this config will be on the router when it has been adopted. you can also set up vpn and more before adopting the router

but all the configuration you have done on the router will be deleted when you adopt it to the controller

Options
2023-06-16 17:01:01
okay, that is what I suspected. So go in reverse, configure in controller and it will be adopted to router when brought in. Thanks.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 362

Replies: 4

Related Articles