Strange problem on TL-SG3452XP v2.0 with EAP 225 Outdoor v3

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-06-16 18:52:28 - last edited 2023-06-16 18:53:46
Tags: #PoE
Model: TL-SG3452XP  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.0.2

First of all - i got 4 TL-SG3452XP and 4 EAP 225 (outdoor) and 21 EAP 245 (indoor) at the same location.

All is working like expected, except one TL-SG3452XP in combination with one EAP 225.

The EAP is connected to the port 46 and the switch is reporting, that a POE device is behind it. But the problem is, that he also reporting, that the link is down. And i dont have any clue why. So i did replace the EAP with a new one, but the same situation appears.

If i plug that EAP (doesnt matter old or replaced one) to other ports on the same switch, the same situation appears. POE sign but link is down - even if i plug it into a port which is a working one ( P7,10,11,13,39,43 are also EAP ports (but 245 indoor ones) ).

If i put that EAP to another switch the link is up and the EAP is working without any issues.

The cable from P46 to the EAP was tested from the electrical team without any problem and even if i plug that cable from the patchpanel into another port of another switch, all is working like expected.

Anyone have a hint how to find a reason why this happens? 

Options
11 Reply
Re:Strange problem on TL-SG3452XP v2.0 with EAP 225 Outdoor v3
2023-06-19 06:44:04

@rebru 

I am curious if the EAP is actually working fine though it shows the link down.

Tried to use a short cable to connect the AP and the switch to test.

Can you reset AP? Maybe a reset can fix it.

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options
2023-06-19 09:11:14

@Virgo 

He was working a few days ago - and then from one day to another he was disconnected and since then never comes back. If i plug this access point into another switch all is working again.

If i put one working AP from another switch into the non working switch i got the same behaviour with that access point. 

So maybe i have to reset the whole switch. The only difference between the two switches is, that the problem switch has a lag on Port 1-4 to interconnect another switch, because of the other thread in this forum (no fibre link over 55m) -> https://community.tp-link.com/en/business/forum/topic/611962

Options
2023-06-28 09:18:51

@rebru 

not sure if this is a visual bug or it's your cable. 

try a different port. if the same, a different and short cable. 

if still persists, then it's a visual bug for the UI. 

ScReW yOu gUyS. I aM GOinG hoMe. —————————————————————— For heaven's sake, can you write and describe your issue based on plain fact, common logic and a methodologic approach? Appreciate it.
Options
2023-06-28 09:24:33

@Tedd404 

Thanks for your reply

Was checking with different cable, different (new) AP, exsting working AP from another switch, etc. - its definetely the switch and not the cable or access point. And also not a visible bug, because the link/status led also not comes up if i plug the AP in any port of that switch.

Options
2023-06-29 03:02:10 - last edited 2023-06-29 03:04:51

@rebru 

my first time ever witnessing such a problem. weird enough. 

you mean it is getting power(poe) but not getting any data link? assuming the switch is defective somehow? 

i think you can reach out support team for this issue now. beyond forum skills. 

you can make sure the port is not manually disabled. just verify that this ap and cable are fine. also you can use the cli to check the status of this specific port. 

e.g. port 1 status =

show interface status gigabitEthernet 1/0/1

btw, regardless of this port issue, do you experience this switch shutting down? just to determine if this is a hw issue or bug in software. 

ScReW yOu gUyS. I aM GOinG hoMe. —————————————————————— For heaven's sake, can you write and describe your issue based on plain fact, common logic and a methodologic approach? Appreciate it.
Options
2023-06-29 06:31:29

@Tedd404 

CLI is not an option because i'm using Omada - so the CLI is disabled. And at this customer, i have 10 Switches and 27 AP's, multiple VLAN's on different ports on different switches so this can be done with the CLI, sure, but its a pain and its the reason why i did buy Omada products. I was thinking about Unifi too - but there are some delivery problems with Unifi so i did decide to use TP-Link instead of Ubiquity.

The port is not disabled, if i plug in my laptop as an example, the port is working properly and without any issues. And i see only the lightning icon on that port in the SDN (port is grey with lightning sign) if i did plug in that AP (or another EAP 225) into ports on that switch.

And no, the switch is not shutting down - and all other clients connected to this port (even the EAP 245)  dont have any problems or connection issues.

Options
2023-06-29 08:58:48

@rebru 

ssh can be enabled on the controller which enables you to access the switch. oc200 does not support ssh. so, that ssh toggle applies to the switch only. 

after you access the switch by console, you can still config your switch.

that's the key to learn about the switch and its details. 

you can also try a new browser or incognito mode. maybe it is the cache?

Options
2023-06-29 10:08:16 - last edited 2023-06-29 10:09:36

@Tedd404 

Thanks

Ok, im now able to access the switch via ssh - but enable-admin is not available, so i'm only able to view but not to config it (This command can't work in controller mode)

If i now login into that switch and use "show interface configuration" all ports are on state "enable". 

And by the way, no its not a "cache" problem - because i plug the working AP into that switch it becomes immediately "hearbeat missing" and then "disconnected" (but as said before, only the EAP 225 had this problems, even with a new one or a working one from another switch)

Options
2023-07-04 00:52:03

Hi @rebru

rebru wrote
If i put that EAP to another switch the link is up and the EAP is working without any issues.

May I know the model number of another switch? Is it also a TL-SG3452XP?

rebru wrote
If i plug that EAP (doesnt matter old or replaced one) to other ports on the same switch, the same situation appears. POE sign but link is down - even if i plug it into a port which is a working one ( P7,10,11,13,39,43 are also EAP ports (but 245 indoor ones) ).

Please tell us what the status of the LED light of POE and Link Port on the switch is at this moment.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2023-07-04 06:05:02

@Hank21 

Yes, its the same switch model - at this location i got 3 TL-SG3452XP

About the LED status light - as you can see in the beginning of this thread. The port is grey and a lightning sign.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1046

Replies: 11

Tags

Related Articles