ER605 Openvpn server interface setting

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-06-21 22:52:01
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3.0

Good day:

If I change the interface to a different network on a open VPN server should it not stop access to other networks? Is there a way to have 2 different VPN that have access to different networks  or WLAN groups but cannot reach into or access the other one, if that makes sense?

Options
3 Reply
Re:ER605 Openvpn server interface setting
2023-06-26 03:50:52

Hello @user245,

You're correct. You can choose different Local Network to achieve the different VPN tunnel access the different local subnet.

You can refer to this screenshot:

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2023-06-26 10:55:35

Thanks @Hank21 

I have done exaclty that, however when I create a seperate VPN for my Guest Network and Home network the Guest network can acess everything in the home network. Would there be a firewall setting or something off?

Thanks

Options
2023-06-27 01:05:28

@user245 

Do you mean the Guest and Home Network are in a different subnet and both in the server LAN?

Did you set the ACL rule to separate two networks in the LAN if we don't mention the VPN for now?

I'm not sure what your network layout is, could you elaborate on your needs and the settings you have done?

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options