VIGI Security Manager - video freeze

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-06-25 21:45:45
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.4.5

Hi,

I am using VIGI Security Manager (1.4.5) on W8.1 and W10.

On W10 there is no problem.

But I have problem on W8.1. Sometime it works fine - Live View video is playing and Playback video is playing.

But after turn off the PC and on again it sometime don't work. When I launch Security Manager, the Live View video freeze on first picture and video is not playing.

But the sound goes on normally.

Picture can be refreshed with right mouse click on the video screen, but it only refresh the picture on the current time and the video still won't play. Or it can be refreshed with left mouse click on the another IPC video screen.

But the data from IPCs are transfered (Task Manager -> Ethernet transfer + the sound works)

The same problem is with playing video from Playback. When I choose the time, it shows first picture but the video is not playing. The sound is playing normally. The picture can be refreshed with click on Pause and than on Play button.

When I try to play the stream from IPC with VLC Media Player (rtsp protocol), it works and the video+sound is playing. The same on browser management of IPC, when I login, the prewiev video is playing.

But not in Security Manager at the same time.

Sometimes the Security Manager works correctly for a longer time, then the next time I turn on the computer, it stops playing the video. And after some time (sometimes right at the next turn on the PC) it works properly again.
I can't figure out any reason for when it stops working and when it starts working again.

The same behavior was with previous versions of Security Manager (1.1.8; 1.3.2; 1.3.5).

Thanks for any suggestion

Options
3 Reply
Re:VIGI Security Manager - video freeze
2023-06-28 01:11:12

Hello @kurka

Thank you so much for taking the time to post the issue on TP-Link community!

To better assist you, I've created a support ticket via your registered email address, and escalated it to our support engineer to look into the issue. The ticket ID is TKID230643929, please check your email box and ensure the support email is well received. Thanks!

Once the issue is addressed or resolved, welcome to update this topic thread with your solution to help others who may encounter the same issue as you did.

Many thanks for your great cooperation and patience!

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2023-06-28 21:01:53

@kurka 

I guess I figured out when the video freezes. When the charger is connected, the video freezes. Just disconnect the charger and switch between Live wiev <-> Playback and the video will start working. The charger can then be connected again. But with the charger connected I can't switch from Live view to Playback and vice versa. Furthermore, I cannot change the sheet of screens with the charger connected. Simply, when the video is loading, the charger must not be connected. If I want to do the above, I have to disconnect the charger at the moment of switching.

Options
2023-06-29 01:24:23

Hi @kurka,

Our senior engineer has received your feedback on the issue via email, they will continue to follow up with your case. If you have any additional information, please feel free to reply to the support email whose case ID is TKID230643929. Many thanks for your cooperation and patience!

Thank you for your valued update on the case.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 576

Replies: 3

Related Articles