User Management for Hotspot Captive Portal

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-07-03 10:27:47
Tags: #Portal #omada
Model: EAP245   OC300  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

Hi everybody,

I'm here to ask for support regarding a configuration I have in my office.

For now, I have the ISP router with the Omada Controller OC300, and then an EAP245 connected to it.

I want all my users to get a Captive Portal when they connect to my WiFi network and insert a specific username and password (equal to the user/password they get during a registration outside our network). If everything is correct, then they can surf the internet!

I tried with an Hotspot configuration, but this system has a Local User Management without APIs, so for us, it is impossible to manage the modification or creation of those users automatically.

I saw an External Portal Server mode. Is it possible to connect to our personal database from which our users are automatically managed and get a positive or negative response from it?

For example a page like this:

if our system gets that user is correct and enabled (the are also user expired), then give good responde and permit to connect the user

Are there other solutions to manage user databases in order to have the database always aligned with the WiFi users?

Thanks.

Options
4 Reply
Re:User Management for Hotspot Captive Portal
2023-07-04 06:00:45

@socialgreenhub 

Hi, do you have an external portal server?

Take a look: The Requirements of Establishing an External Portal Server

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options
2023-07-04 06:18:05

@Virgo no we don't have an external portal server but we can create it. We have a developer that could program this portal.

The problem is that he need specification for understand how to get response from the portal created if the user is allowed to connect. 

It is the only solution? 

Thank yoy

Options
2023-07-05 02:06:11

@socialgreenhub 

I'm not sure if it is the only solution, but the external radius server is more flexible than vouchers and local users described on the controller.

It seems like be more adapted to your needs.

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options
2023-07-14 13:32:24

@Virgo Could you provide me some advice regarding the possibility of setting this kind of authentication?

Thanks

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 581

Replies: 4

Tags

Portal
omada
Related Articles