Omada integrated solar charge controller
I don't know if you guys are interested in expanding the Omada eco system the way Ubiquiti has done with Access Control, Cameras, Phones, etc, but one thing I would like to see is an Omada integrated solar charge controller. Something that could be placed out in a field and connect or extend the Omada mesh network.
Such a device should probably:
- Be housed in an outdoor waterproof enclosure
- have built a in Omada WiFi radio
- allow for at least 600w of solar panels for power input
- handle at least a 12v 100 Ah battery of various chemical types (Lead Acid, LiFePO4, etc)
- have a temperature sensor so charging can be stopped if temperatures are too low or too high for the type of battery
- have a 12v output for powering generic devices
- have 4x PoE Ethernet ports for IP cameras or external WiFi long distance bridge devices
- allow for all power outputs to be individually shut down at different battery levels to extend the runtime of the most important devices.
- Integrate with the Omada dashboard to show Solar power input, battery levels, estimated run time, history of previous days, network traffic, etc.
- have a stand alone web interface to function without needing a full Omada system. (Charge controllers with a web interface seem incredibly rare. That might be a new market unto itself.)