Omada SDN - How to intergrate an existing VOIP system?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-07-05 14:35:25 - last edited 2023-07-07 02:01:14

I have 2 WAN connections, an Audio Codec for managing VOIP network, OC200, and several Omada managed switches and APs. I would like to integrate the VOIP network into the existing Omada network. The Audio Codec is managing the VOIP network, I just want to bring the traffic from the defined VOIP network into the Omada network using the router with defined VLAN tags and walled off from the rest of the network. I want to assign the PoE ports on the managed switches within that Omada network with that VLAN tag. Then those tagged ports transfer the traffic from the Audio Codec to the VOIP phones seamlessly without the audio codec being the wiser.

I do not see any way to use this router as a software defined router and bring in this traffic in through VLAN tags and ACLs without treating it as a gateway requiring DHCP servers and such.

When I create it as a simple network in the OS200 without an interface, I can give it a VLAN tag but not assign it to a port on the VPN Router or any switches. This is regardless if I use the application: Gateway and switches or just switches.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Omada SDN - How to intergrate an existing VOIP system?-Solution
2023-07-06 06:36:29 - last edited 2023-07-07 02:01:14

@eddesposito 

Have you seen a new Beta firmware on this community that has supported setting the port PVID?

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:Omada SDN - How to intergrate an existing VOIP system?-Solution
2023-07-06 06:36:29 - last edited 2023-07-07 02:01:14

@eddesposito 

Have you seen a new Beta firmware on this community that has supported setting the port PVID?

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Omada SDN - How to intergrate an existing VOIP system?
2023-07-06 12:17:38

@Virgo I have not.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 409

Replies: 2

Related Articles