email alert not working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

email alert not working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
email alert not working
email alert not working
2023-07-07 17:43:48
Model: OC200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.20.1

Hi Guys

I cannot get the email alert to work with the test interface. I have tried several ports: 25, 2525, 465 etc. but no luck. I get the "ok" confirmation, but nothing comes out. I use SMTP2GO and that interface never gets anything. Internet is working.

Thanks for any help.

Options
2 Reply
Re:email alert not working
2023-07-10 03:19:36

@UlfLaursenDK 

Change port to 465 and enable SSL.  

In your SMTP Corp Portal, have you created a user and set it to allow your domain (@  ezzenz  example )  Or are you just using alow IP, and entering your IP?

I find it best to test using outlook or other email software. To confirm settings work, as email software will provide much more ifo when it fails. 

Options
Re:email alert not working
2023-07-10 03:59:14

@DaKings 

Thanks a lot. The SMTP portal is does nor verify WAN-IP's but uses user/pw authentication only. The same account works on my synology nas, but that is on a different network. I am building this one for the future, so it is in the test phase only now,

I will try some other clients - great suggestion, thanks a lot.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 276

Replies: 2

Related Articles