Votes

Clients with preferred access-point

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-07-17 11:39:11 - last edited 2023-07-18 06:17:25
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.24.0 Build 20230328 Rel.52384

Hi All,

It would be an nice feature to have devices connecting to a n proffered access-point. 

If an power outage occurs, Sometimes the devices connect to an ap that is further away then necessary, This because the ap is simply quicker at boot or got his power back earlier then the closest ap.  But if the signal is not to bad it can not decide to switch over to an ap nearby the device. It would be nice if you can set an preferred ap in the list so that an wireless client is always send to the crossest ap or the preferred one. 

I couldn't find the function in the firmware. but for me and my custumers it would be an nice feature but maybe there is an already an setting for it.

regards,,

Jasper

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Clients with preferred access-point -Solution
2023-07-18 06:17:14 - last edited 2023-07-18 06:17:25

Hello @jkoolschijn,

jkoolschijn wrote

It would be an nice feature to have devices connecting to a n proffered access-point. I couldn't find the function in the firmware. but for me and my custumers it would be an nice feature but maybe there is an already an setting for it.

Yes, you are right. The Lock to AP feature has been added on Controller V5.9, please check the release note.

But note this feature requires new firmware updates for Omada EAPs.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Clients with preferred access-point -Solution
2023-07-18 06:17:14 - last edited 2023-07-18 06:17:25

Hello @jkoolschijn,

jkoolschijn wrote

It would be an nice feature to have devices connecting to a n proffered access-point. I couldn't find the function in the firmware. but for me and my custumers it would be an nice feature but maybe there is an already an setting for it.

Yes, you are right. The Lock to AP feature has been added on Controller V5.9, please check the release note.

But note this feature requires new firmware updates for Omada EAPs.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 191

Replies: 1

Voters 0

No one has voted for it yet.