Switch update problem and re-adoption

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-07-18 07:20:11
Model: SG2210MP  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 3.0.6
Good morning,

After updating some 2210MP switches from 3.0.5 to 3.0.6, unable to re-adopt hardware on controller (failed).

We are using controller software version 5.12.2 (latest).

If I change the switches back to 3.0.5, the controller adopts them without any problem.

We have several 2210MP switches and only two are giving us problems. They communicate well with the controller but adoption consistently fails.
Options
9 Reply
Re:Switch update problem and re-adoption
2023-07-19 01:35:26 - last edited 2023-07-19 02:42:00

Hi @D_ARELIA 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Regarding the issue you have, we recommend you either roll back to the previous version which is V5.9.

This seems to be a compatible issue between the controller and the firmware of the switch. For every release of the switch and the router, we will include the adapted controller version or firmware version.

If you run into any issues after the upgrade of either one of them, that's pretty much a compatible issue.

How many 2210MP V3 do you have? 2 of all 2210MP v3 are experiencing the issue and the rest do not, aren't they?

I mean the same hardware version, all of them upgraded to V3.0.6, and just two have the trouble?

Seems quite weird to me. Can you confirm the details above?

In addition, please export your running log and specify the error message of the adoption failure.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options
2023-07-19 06:53:57

@Clive_A 

they are exactly the same switch, same hardware version and all in 3.0.5 before update.
We have 7 TL-SG2210MP switches and we encounter the problem on only 2.

In the event log, we just have the information "[Failed]Main Administrator admin failed to adopt SW-TO-LAC-01."
Options
2023-07-19 07:02:34

@D_ARELIA 
Stay on the Devices tab, click adopt and wait for the error to pop up. Write it down or screenshot it and send it here.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options
2023-07-19 07:12:26

@Clive_A 

here is the error (it's in french)
I click on retry but I have the same error

Options
2023-07-19 07:20:49

@D_ARELIA 

So on this page, it never pops up an error like this?

What should I do when the Omada Controller (V4) fails to adopt the devices?

Do they still provide a link? Is that possible for you to reset it and re-adopt it?

Options
2023-07-19 07:31:46

@Clive_A 

when I click on adopt, it's very long and it causes the error with the following message displayed at the top of the page:

"Device adoption failed because the device is not responding to adoption commands"

When I update to 3.0.6 it works. Then, the controller wants to adopt the device again and systematically it fails.
I click on "Retry" but it ends in "failure of adoption".
When I insist a lot of times, it asks me again for the login and password but that does not change anything.
Options
2023-07-19 07:53:36

@D_ARELIA

Can you either force provision or reset and adopt it? If this persists even you have done above, I can help you escalate it.

Options
2023-07-19 08:02:18

@Clive_A 

I have already tried to force it and reset it then adopt it, the problem remains the same when I am in 3.0.6 on both switches.
As soon as I put the switch back in 3.0.5 it goes up correctly.
Options
2023-07-19 08:30:20

Hi @D_ARELIA 

Thank you so much for taking the time to post the issue on TP-Link community!

To better assist you, I've created a support ticket via your registered email address, and escalated it to our support engineer to look into the issue. The ticket ID is TKID230732277, please check your email box and ensure the support email is well received. Thanks!

Once the issue is addressed or resolved, welcome to update this topic thread with your solution to help others who may encounter the same issue as you did.

Many thanks for your great cooperation and patience!

Options