EAP615-Wall wired clients don't show up

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

EAP615-Wall wired clients don't show up

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
13 Reply
Re:EAP615-Wall wired clients don't show up
2023-07-28 01:10:54

Hello @jlruss9777

T1600G-28PS is an End-of-Life product, it hasn't the firmware iteration for a long time but the Controller's latest firmware has been upgraded into V5.9, we can not confirm whether there is/isn't a compatibility issue between them. It is suggested to use the TL-SG2008P in your network.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2023-07-28 02:24:53

@Hank21 

Well, that response is disappointing. The SG2008P was in no way meant to be my main switch. Nor does it have the capacity either in ports or PoE to be.

So effectively either the T1600 wasnt fully compatible with Omada despite documentation to the contrary or new controller firmware revisions since, have made it that way now to a point that it doesnt see a whole type of client connection on its own network.

That was alot of back and forth to basically get a polite way of saying... "Well, buy a new switch." 

:(

Options
2023-07-28 20:59:42 - last edited 2023-07-28 21:01:29

I'd also like to add that i looked into this switch before purchase. And had the TP-link site said End-of-Life" i would not have purchased one. But as you see it still doesnt say that for the T1600-28PS (V3). 

I guess what i have to do is go into every single switch i think about purchasing and see when the last firmware update was to identify what is or isnt end of life since the TP-link site can't be trusted to indicate this correctly. Dissapointing indeed.

Options