VLAN Query

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

VLAN Query

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
VLAN Query
VLAN Query
2023-07-20 09:15:02
Model: TL-SG3452XP  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.02

I am working for a company running an Omada SDN controller on an Ubuntu VM.

We use tp-link APs exclusively and are looking to move across to Jetstream switches in the near future to have everything managed by Omada.

Currently, the default (and management) VLAN in the controller software is 

Interface

192.168.52.254/22

We do not have VLAN 4090 switched anywhere on the premises, however somehow we can provision new hardware in our office.

While I can manage APs (once provisioned) in the field, I can't do the same for the switch I am attempting to deploy.

I have kept the VLAN config as default with management on 4090, which means I can manage it as long as it sits in our office, and on our existing switch management VLAN,50  which causes it to lose connection to the controller.

If I change the controller default to 50, is it going to lose connection to the >300 APs I have on site?

We do not have a tp-link gateway installed, which seems to be a requirement for default interface config.

I have adopted this configuration from the previous network manager who left little-to-no documentation for me to work with and this is my first time using tp-link business hardware.

Many thanks.

Options
1 Reply
Re:VLAN Query
2023-07-21 06:01:40

@Endresz 

I don't suggest you change the controller to vlan50, cuz these 300 APs seem like in the management vlan.

Why don't you put the switch into the management vlan either?

Check this: How to configure Management VLAN in Omada SDN Controller

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 179

Replies: 1

Related Articles