No web-access anymore

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

No web-access anymore

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
No web-access anymore
No web-access anymore
2023-07-25 15:31:09 - last edited 2023-07-26 06:53:03
Tags: #web-interface
Model: EAP225  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

I wanted to add another device to the MAC-whitelist when I recognized, that I cannot enter the web-interface anymore. I tried http as well as https with ending up in a timeout. I even tried the config tool. It found the device with it's correct IP-Address leaving me with no further options. So after countless attempts from other devices with different OS I decided to make a factory reset. This done, I tried to acces the device using the default wi-fi printed on the back of the device. Both networks showed up, the 2.4 and the 5 GHz. However there was no chance to connect to any of these networks. On Linux Mint it tries to connect forever without success, on Win10 I get a timeout after a while. So I tried to access it via ethernet. I set my computer to dynamic address configuration and connected the device (I used the POE-adapter because I lost the power supply - or there never was any). But the address tplinkeap.net is unreachable (yes I tried both http and https). After vainly searching the internet for a default IP-address of the acces point, I gave up eventually.
So my question is: is there another option to force access to the device (maybe commandline tools or whtever) so that I can at least try a firmware-update that hopefully may fix this? The device itself is about 3 years old.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:No web-access anymore-Solution
2023-07-26 06:52:56 - last edited 2023-07-26 06:53:03

Hello @leatherwolf,

Please refer to these steps for testing:

1) Access the router's web interface and navigate to the DHCP Client list.

2) Check if you can locate the EAP in the list and note down its IP address. If you can see the EAP and its IP address, please proceed with the following steps:

Ping the IP address as per the instructions in the provided document.
    If the ping is successful, you can use this IP address to log into the EAP web interface.

3) If you are unable to find the EAP on the DHCP Client list, please follow these steps:

Disconnect the EAP from your router, and connect a PC to the EAP using the Ethernet cable.
    Set a static IP address, such as 192.168.0.10, on the PC. For instructions on how to set a static IP address, please refer to this guide.
    Ping the EAP's default IP address, 192.168.0.254. If you are able to successfully ping this IP address, please use 192.168.0.254 to log into the EAP's management page.

If it still doesn't help, please don't hesitate to submit a ticket to the TP-Link Technical Support team.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:No web-access anymore-Solution
2023-07-26 06:52:56 - last edited 2023-07-26 06:53:03

Hello @leatherwolf,

Please refer to these steps for testing:

1) Access the router's web interface and navigate to the DHCP Client list.

2) Check if you can locate the EAP in the list and note down its IP address. If you can see the EAP and its IP address, please proceed with the following steps:

Ping the IP address as per the instructions in the provided document.
    If the ping is successful, you can use this IP address to log into the EAP web interface.

3) If you are unable to find the EAP on the DHCP Client list, please follow these steps:

Disconnect the EAP from your router, and connect a PC to the EAP using the Ethernet cable.
    Set a static IP address, such as 192.168.0.10, on the PC. For instructions on how to set a static IP address, please refer to this guide.
    Ping the EAP's default IP address, 192.168.0.254. If you are able to successfully ping this IP address, please use 192.168.0.254 to log into the EAP's management page.

If it still doesn't help, please don't hesitate to submit a ticket to the TP-Link Technical Support team.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:No web-access anymore
2023-09-04 10:03:35

I managed to get access again. I even managed to make a firmware-update. After a lot of trial-and-error and many hours of frustration I found out what the problem actually was: Every time I restart the access point, e.g. after updating the mac-address table with entries that are allowed to use the WiFi, it loses it's entire configuration and I have to reconfigure it again. I am running it in that state for a while with only the most necessary settings, but should there be a power surge I have to do this all over again ;(

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 149

Replies: 2

Tags

web-interface
Related Articles