Votes

Add a prometheus endpoint to the Omada controller for monitoring integration (like Grafana)

Votes

Add a prometheus endpoint to the Omada controller for monitoring integration (like Grafana)

2023-07-28 00:56:41
Tags: #monitoring
Model: OC200  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.9.3

Please could you add a Prometheus endpoint to the Omada controller ? So we could integrate the metrics into our standard monitoring stack (Since Prometheus is a standard nowadays)

I assume the controller is the best place to add it so it will centralize all the devices metrics (it kind of doing it already actually)

No need to perform any complicated aggregation or calculation on your side. Just provide the raw metrics and the specilized visualization tools will handle the rest.

Monitoring is a key for business (regardless of the size) and to be able to integrate the network metrics with the standard monitoring will open so more possibility for users..

Options
5 Reply
Re:Add a prometheus endpoint to the Omada controller for monitoring integration (like Grafana)
2023-07-28 07:16:12

Hello @Soubinan,

Thank you for your valuable feedback.

I've recorded this request and will report it to the developer team for evaluation.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
RE:Add a prometheus endpoint to the Omada controller for monitoring integration (like Grafana)
2023-08-09 00:03:13
this would be great
Options
RE:Add a prometheus endpoint to the Omada controller for monitoring integration (like Grafana)
2023-08-09 10:42:57
useful
ER7206 V1 (ER605 V2 - reserve) OC200 V2 SG2428P V5 EAP655-Wall V1 EAP615-Wall V1 EAP610-Outdoor V1 EAP245 V3 EAP225-Outdoor V1 EAP225 V3
Options
Re:Add a prometheus endpoint to the Omada controller for monitoring integration (like Grafana)
2023-09-22 18:23:01

@Soubinan 

Bring it on.  In fact I'd suggest that perhaps there should be some thought put to better integration between Omada and (preferably) the Prometheus/Grafana/Influx/Telegraf/Loki stack.  This kind of centralised metric and logging infrastructure is  rapidly gaining ground in many different settings, for management, event and capacity considerations and indeed security kind of handling.

Vote +1 from me.

Options
2023-12-13 02:16:34
+1
Options

Information

Helpful: 7

Views: 615

Replies: 5

Voters 6

+ 2 Voters

Tags

monitoring