Setup questions

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Setup questions

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Setup questions
Setup questions
2023-08-06 12:27:10
Model: CPE210  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 2.2.2 20200612

Hello,

I am searching for the best setup for 2 networks separated approx 1 KM.

We have 2 tents with a line of sight, but I need to place the CPE210 outside the tents on the beach +/- 40 meters away to realize it.

In both tents I have an Access Point TL-WA1201.

It doesn't matter if the tents have the same SSID or not. 

One tent will have a star-link (satellite) uplink for the internet connection.

What is the best way to configure the CPE210's?

Between both networks there is not much data transfer (< 10 Mbps)

I hope that some-one as a good solution for it.

Regards Ronald

Options
2 Reply
Re:Setup questions
2023-08-07 07:58:01

Hi @RonaldS 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

CPE AP and Client mode to form the point-to-point connection.

Then you run another Ethernet cable from the Client CPE to the tent AP. For this part, I strongly recommend a wired connection. Don't try other ways as they might not provide a better/more stable connection.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
Re:Setup questions
2023-08-08 10:07:10 - last edited 2023-08-08 10:23:18

@RonaldS Something like this but can't really lay it out completely not knowing how you plan on powering each device. The CPE210 at Starlink end will be set to Access Point mode and the CPE210 on remote tent end will be set to Client Mode. You will connect the CPE210 in Client Mode to the CPE210 AP through the devices web interface.

d7194039ad4447d89ba2bfb786c755c9

Options